Author Topic: Dental Implants  (Read 2556 times)

Rita

Dental Implants
« on: October 13, 2007, 02:20:04 pm »
Hello all,

Please help. I need your professional advice.
I require 4 implants, two in the front and two in the back. I've found a local doctor, who is associated with North American Associations as well as with European, who has his own practice for 25 years and specializing in implants for 18 years.  He is putting the implants in two appointments. First one would require 5 hours to do the following: root extractions, bone graft and putting the implants everything in one shot. Then the second appointment is to put the crowns 3-4 months later. There will be follow ups in the between. What I am concern about is the first appointment that he is planning to do everything in one shot where all other 5 doctors I was consulted by would require 3 appointments to complete the work, not including the follow ups; one to extract the roots, second to do the bone graft and the third one to put the crowns.

I am a little confused why all other doctors wanted to do it in three appointments and this one only in two. What is the difference?  What are the minuses and pluses? Is it okay to do extraction, bone grafting and putting implants in one appointment?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,
Rita.

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: Dental Implants
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 08:06:52 pm »
Hello Rita,
  You may have stumbled onto the wrong Forum.  This Forum is for people with Accoustic Neuroma, a benign Brain tumor on the 8th cranial nerve.  We know a lot about Accoustic Neuroma, but little about dentistry.
  Take a look at this page, which lists Dental Forums.  Good luck with your Dental procedures. 
http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/dentalforums.html

Regards.
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Rita

Re: Dental Implants
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 05:17:16 pm »
Hi Rob.
Thank you very much for the right direction.
I wish you all good luck.
Best regards,
Rita