Author Topic: Anyone have neck or shoulder pain since surgery?  (Read 2662 times)

Pembo

Anyone have neck or shoulder pain since surgery?
« on: October 08, 2007, 10:35:06 am »
My an was on the right but I have constant discomfort on the left in my neck but mostly my shoulder, right in the middle of the shoulder blade. Surgery was 3 years ago and it still plagues me. I had shoulder pain on the an side prior to surgery, the an was pressing that nerve. Immediately after surgery I had left shoulder pain and the ot said it was from being in the prone position during surgery and for a week in the hospital. But it still plagues me....It's not pain really but more of an annoying discomfort.

Wondering if I'm alone????
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

jimmy r

Re: Anyone have neck or shoulder pain since surgery?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:47:38 pm »
I have had similar pain since my surgery. I was tilting my neck to one side and thus my muscles became sore. I have been going to physical therapy and doing  stretches for about a month and it is slowly helping. You might also see a chiropractor who helped me too.
Translab HEI 1987. Retro-sigmoid Mass General 6/19/2007. 7 hour surgery by Barker and Mekena. No nerve damage. Not all the tumor removed.

Boppie

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 03:58:28 pm »
Neck and shoulder pain opposite the AN side became prominent for me at 18 months post op.  I don't know why it took so long to show up.  I've thought it could be arthritus from an old shoulder injury I had worked out ten years ago.  Some days I can't turn to look over my shoulder in the car.  I have to turn my whole body. 

I guess the chiropractor is the best route.  When I do my old exercises for range of motion on the shoulder I get no pain.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 04:02:30 pm »
Pembo,
I don't think any of us are ever alone in our aches and pains.  My An was right side and my left side muscles are stiff and painful.  I have worn out the PT both aquatic and dry land and go to the chiroprator as often as he will see me.  It all helps, but it always comes back.  I'm twenty-six months post op.

Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Pembo

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 04:30:11 pm »
I've never been to a chiropractor but that may be phone call tomorrow. Glad to know I'm not alone....
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006