Author Topic: You are a Medical family already to me  (Read 3894 times)

Rebecca - arkofhope

You are a Medical family already to me
« on: September 19, 2007, 08:04:47 pm »
Hi. I have all the symptoms of an AN, but MRI supposedly shows nothing.  ???  I feel sometimes things happen because I didn't quite "get it" before. I mean, that there is something really positive that I missed.

So, while I am in the watch and wait stage, I realize that I need to ask for help. In the past 4 weeks I've had tongue surgery, lasik, and 2 MRI's.  With all of that, my house is a mess -- so is my mind and motivation.  Okay, I admit,  :-\ all 3 were already a mess.  Plus we have some financial issues - though they used to be monumental, they are now managable at least.

I am reaching out, because I didn't have this kind of support when I was going thru my first tumor - brainstem glioma. I was 14 and just followed all the freakin' procedures, knowing that, as an invincible teenager  ;D, I'd get past the 2 years they gave me to live. That was over 20 years ago.

Well, I'm in control now, and I know what I need.  I need to find an "organizer" to help me organize my business/piles/goals/etc.  I need someone who understands that I LOOK perfectly ok, but I have cognitive difficulties like:  short term memory loss, auditory memory damage, cognitive ability damage.  I need someone who is patient, non critical, very positive.  Of course I would pay this professional person to help.  I also need an ethical attorney who can help me with patents/trademarks/copyrights.

I am in Kennesaw, GA.  So, that is my need.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you. :)
Peace and smiles,
Rebecca

Dana

• Hi!
Re: You are a Medical family already to me
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:52:51 am »
Rebecca

I'm just writing to say YOU'RE GREAT and KEEP UP THAT FEISTY ATTITUDE and yeah for you for recognizing that you need to ask for help!     

As for recommendations for help, I'm not much help since I live in the oppostie corner of the country, western Washington state,   I'm not sure whether you were asking for "advice' kind of help or physical kind of help, that is someone coming over to your house to help you get organized, etc.  If it's professional help to talk to, there are now folks called 'life coaches' who I think have a national organization you could google.  Also, social work counselors will often (in my experience) include that kind of "coaching' help if you ask.

I just now reread your post; I guess I'm responding because I resonate with your situation so much.  My house is a mess too, I'm "childofpackrats" on eBay and I married a guy who was a bachelor until age 50 (.... need I say more).  Actually I thought of another organization that's online that's very interesting and helpful    www.flylady.net.   Check it out; lots of self-help hints and encouragement.

Hugs,
Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: You are a Medical family already to me
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 01:44:52 pm »
Hi Rebecca:
Dana has a GREAT Idea with the life coach.

I on the other hand just have some random thoughts - do you have a church group who could help with the house organization? If not may be the Soroptomists or Rotary- seems to me the "trade groups" usually have guest speakers that teach people how to organize stuff.

Also, maybe you could register with one of the TV shows on home garden network.. they always have "how to shows".

I suggest the church group for a second reason as well.  They normally have connections with social service groups who can help you find programs. If you are truely having cognitive issues, you should try to get help through your state employment agency... I realize it's a hassle but that what our tax paying dollars go towards, to help people get back on their feet.  And if you are recognizing that you need help- it seems to me that you are the perfect candidate for these types of programs.

I'm not sure if you just aren't feeling depressed post all the other stuff that's been going on. You have had a rough ride- cut yourself some slack!  And take care, keep us updated- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys