Author Topic: Symptoms of An....face and ear and etc...  (Read 2348 times)

Windsong

Symptoms of An....face and ear and etc...
« on: September 14, 2007, 03:34:35 pm »
Hi!  :)

Wasn't sure where to post this but it's a sub section of the acoustic neuroma foundation dot org site and I thought it was succinct in explaining the various nerves that an An can affect in the head and how they might play out in symptoms, (for an An) from drippy nose, leaky eye, face pain and so on....

http://www.acousticneuromafoundation.org/acousticneuromasymptomsandanatomy.php

Also, I am adding this one:

http://www.acousticneuromafoundation.org/acousticneuromafacialpain.php

as I know a few have mentioned some symptoms on the side oppsite to the An and this might explain a bit of that.... after reading this I see that those cases might be due to the loacation of the tumour in the cerebellopontine angle etc..... interesting that this abstract mentions only one... (makes me wonder if that's because some of us might not mention a symptom especially if it's only now and then and not often? we probably should be telling our docs all symptoms so they can end up figuring it all out lol)

hope you all did something nice for yourselves today....

( i spent a bit of time in the sun today and read a bit of a great book before some errand stuff)

cheers all,
windsong
PPS:  interesting that it's only under two years out for me since my An was found but even now I see that under possible treatments they have endoscopic listed and so on... ( i don't recall seeing that two summers ago, maybe i missed it then)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 03:43:59 pm by Windsong »

opp2

Re: Symptoms of An....face and ear and etc...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 06:29:51 pm »
I know this post is really old, but I was hoping someone might have a current like to the information. The links are not working.

Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Vivian B.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 06:49:11 pm »
I just tried the links, couldn't get in.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 10:40:57 pm »
WOW!!!!  So nice to see Windsong is still with us on the forum.  She past away two years ago Sept 24, from an unrelated health issue.  She was my first friend on this forum and referred me to her Dr.  As coincidence would have it I'm seeing him in a few hours.  WOW!!! 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:35:55 am »
WOW!!!!  So nice to see Windsong is still with us on the forum.  She past away two years ago Sept 24, from an unrelated health issue.  She was my first friend on this forum and referred me to her Dr.  As coincidence would have it I'm seeing him in a few hours.  WOW!!! 

Anne Marie

...and she is sooooo sorely missed. I still have all of her PM's to me.... and she is thought of often.  :'(

Looks like they redid the website. If you type "www.acousticneuromafoundation.org", go to their home page and you can "drill down" from there for specific info.

Hope that helps.....

*sends love and kisses and hugglez to our dear windsong....*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

opp2

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 06:55:34 pm »
I am glad to bring memories of an old friend for you, and sorry to bring up sad memories. I see you both remember her with fondness and this is good. This is how the spirits of each of us is carried on; Through the happy memories of family and friends.

Nikki
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 09:22:18 am »
Oh Nikki, so well said.  Windsong was so beautiful inside and out.  I joined the forum July 2007 and she past Sept 24 2007.   Our friendship was brief but she helped me so much.  We talked for hours on the phone and exchanged photos through email.  It's so sad that we didn't actually met. We were planning it, since she lived in the GTA area and I was just down the QEW. 

Memories are so wonderful because they are with us forever. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games