Author Topic: Dr Luxford at House..?????  (Read 3219 times)

kjmema

Dr Luxford at House..?????
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:28:58 am »
Has anyone met or had any dealing with Dr. Luxford at the House Cllinic.  He was the doc. that called me after I sent my first MRI.  I've seen other doc's mentioned but never this one.   Any info would be appreciated
left side AN 3mm IAC watch & wait hearing 100% balance slightly off

OTO

Re: Dr Luxford at House..?????
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:41:59 pm »
kjmema -

do a search on the forum page (right under the User's Info block, should be the search tool).   It will bring up any messages that have Dr. Luxford's name.  I'm sure I've read his name on some of the postings.   One thing to know too, is that if you go to the House Clinic, their surgical team usually consists of two doctors.  One will be a neurosurgeon (Dr. Schwartz or Dr. Hitzeberger (sp?)) and a neuro-otologist (one of the House Clinic ear surgeons/doctors).  If you go to the House Clinic website, they have biographies and CVs (educational background, medical training, and their research).   Dr. Hitzeberger is not with the House Clinic but an independent neurosurgeon that does many surgeries with House Clinic.

I'm not sure how the House Clinic assigns new patients that contact them via email or phone.  I also don't know how they decide which neurosurgeon will be on your surgical team.  In my case, my ENT referred me specifically to Dr. Slattery at the House Clnic.

My experience with the House Clinic was very positive, and I would go back if I had to do it again.