Author Topic: Dry Skin on numb side ...  (Read 4040 times)

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
Dry Skin on numb side ...
« on: September 05, 2007, 01:55:12 pm »
I may have posed this question before, but I've never really really gotten any feedback from anyone, including Doctor's. Since my first surgery in 2004, the left side of my face has been numb and I've had dry eye. I use drops once an hour.

My issue is that on the left side of my face, specifically on the left side of my nose and under my left eyebrow I have extremely dry skin. It flakes off it's so dry. I use lotion on it everyday, but it only lasts for a few hours. The dry spots look red and flaky. I asked my neurosurgeon about it once and all he could offer was "maybe you touch it a lot and don't know it since your face is numb," which I really don't think is the case.

My best guess is that maybe it has something to do with the eyedrops, or when I pat the area with a tissue after I use eyedrops? I really don't know, but it's a pain in the butt and really frustrating. Has anyone ever has anything similar?

Thanks

Jeanlea

Re: Dry Skin on numb side ...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 04:21:31 pm »
Scott,

I have a similar problem as your dry skin.  I have numbness on my left side and that is the side that gets dry.  My small patch is right below my eyebrow.  I seem to make it worse by scratching it.  I put my facial moisturizer on it.  If I leave it alone it will get better.  I'm not sure why it comes back.  Sometimes I scratch it so much that it bleeds.  Not good.  I'm not sure if it's related to the numbness.  Maybe a dermatologist would be able to offer you more assistance. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD