Author Topic: Renee's video  (Read 12069 times)

reneeairya

Re: Renee's video
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 03:21:02 pm »
Raydean,

Thanks for your posting. Yes.. the big tumors..In order to humor my self I say "Of course I would have chosen to be one the biggest so I could see what I can get through". reframing things in this manner has seemed to help me :)
My problem, I think, had to do with the tumor being stuck to the brain stem. Not only did I loose vision, but I actually saw vivid colors (geometrical shapes) for several hours.. no one really knows why.. my brain was going through some freak out process.
Is your husband okay now?? I am sorry that you, too, went through such an ordeal. And I thank you for reminding us all, that all situations are unique. Not only did I have the "low percentage huge tumor" but I also ended up with the "low percentage paralysis". It does happen often, but to hide it really serves no one. this is probably why I even got chosen for the film festival where most films get made out of extraordinary situations. Us ANers are troopers!

Lots of love and continued healing wishes to you. I hope that you have been able to find peace, having gone through all of this,
Renee
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:22:53 pm by reneeairya »

pattibobatti

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 04:27:47 pm »
Hi,

Forgot to say thank you to Renee for adding the statement to your video!  I think you probably eased a few confused and scared minds.

Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

jerseygirl

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 05:30:39 pm »
Renee,

You are a source of inspiration to me! Not everybody can live well after facial nerve paralysis.I know I would have hidden in my basement and backyard had my facial nerve been paralyzed! Thanks for coming out with it. I am not afraid of it as much. On you it honestly does not look as bad!

Could you please talk about paralysis and what are the figures for it? What did you do to resolve it? Thanls,

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

reneeairya

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 05:59:55 pm »
Patti

Oh yes, of course! Truly, well.. i did not know that more people would see it than at the film fest more than two years ago. but i am grateful to have come here and realized that there are ANers out there that would of course also want to support people in healing. All in all, i appreciate the co-creation of this newly added comment- though it was my life, which I can not change teh drama of it- I can still avoid unnecassary fear for others, which was opposite of my intention.  So thank you all of coming to a place of understanding and respect. I do see my reflection in many many women on this site. You being one of them, Patti. Thanks for supporting a peaceful movement.

Renee

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2007, 06:14:47 pm »
Renee
You couldn't have gotten two better surgeons, and it was cool to see "my guys" in the video. I was able to get to them when my tumor was relatively small and my face  was totally unfazed, thanks to their skill and expertize at peeling my AN off my facial nerve. However I did come out of it with chonic migraines which I suffer from to this day. We all end up with something don't we?

Peace,

Capt Deb 8)

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW