Author Topic: AN and fevers  (Read 1884 times)

CC

• My homepage!
AN and fevers
« on: September 28, 2005, 08:54:28 am »
Has anyone had unexplained fevers pre treatment?  I'm having mild intermittent earache and increased tinnitus preceding the earache on my AN side - nothing serious, it comes and goes, usually when I'm tired or at the end of a busy week.  But this week every day around 6pm I get a fever - 101 in the AN ear and a 100 in the other.  I take some tylenol, it disappears and I wake up next morning feeling fine. No other symptoms but the darn thing recurs each evening.  I'm wondering if it's AN related or maybe I have some mild virus.  Anyone experience anything like this?

CC
CC
3cm AN
CK Oct 05
with Dr Chang at Stanford

jamie

Re: AN and fevers
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 10:48:06 am »
Hi CC

I had an intermittent earache as well. That is how I discovered my tumor. I thought I must have an ear infection or glue ear, that just wouldn't go away. After a couple months I decided to go to the doctor and that's when he ordered an MRI. I never had a fever though, not that I was aware of anyway, which is why I didn't go to the doctor sooner. The fever may be an islolated thing, probably not due to the AN. If AN's caused fever, that would probably be a good thing because that means the immune system is trying to fight it, but tumors aren't usually recognized by it unfortunately. If the fever keeps up, you may want to see your doctor to see if you have an infection of some kind.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 10:50:07 am by jamie »
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma