Author Topic: 17 months since surgery  (Read 2715 times)

kim warren

17 months since surgery
« on: September 21, 2005, 02:19:02 am »
Hi everyone
I have just found this website, and I am reading your postings with interest.  I am from England and had my surgery at Frenchay Hospital by Prof. Hugh Coakham.  My AN was 4cm which is quite big, I had a fast growing Neuroma which is unusual.  It left me completely deaf on my right side but I have no facial paralysis which was quite a big worry for me.  I have also had Gamma Knife treatment at the Cromwell Hospital London but unfortunately it failed.  Two years ago I developed Hydracephalus and had a VP Shunt fitted which drains fluid off my brain, it sounds horrible but I hardly notice its there now.  I am 41 and have 2 girls Kirsty 14 and Marie 12 they've been through a lot this past few years.  I am married to Paul (22 years).  I went to the optician because I was experiencing flashing lights when I blinked, he found a lump behind my right eye, so I have been refered to yet another hospital St Bartholemews in London.  My local hospital has no idea what it is, and says that it has no connection to my AN.  I have my appointment on Oct 21 and to tell you the truth I am terrified, I feel as though just when the waters calm I seem to be heading for another storm.  I'll sign off now as it's 9.25am and I haven't even showered yet. 

Kim

cookiesecond

Re: 17 months since surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 03:03:45 am »
Kim,
I certainly understand your concerns, I am recovering from AN surgery and had to have additional tests Tuesday. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Lynn

Frying2Knights

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 03:55:38 am »
Hi Kim

I'm in West Yorkshire and am about 15 hard months post-op (Manchester).  You have certainly been through the mill.  I know what you mean about one thing after another although I haven't had it as hard as you.  Just try and think about how well you have already proved to be at coping with this so far.   Remember - despite what you worry about your kids going through, their mum is a real hero!  How many kids can say that about their parents?

I hope things work out okay, happy to chat more.

Very best wishes
UK.  1cm AN removed by Translab approach. CSF leak.  Severe headaches.

becknell

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 07:28:15 am »
Hi, Kim - did you have your failed Gamma knife treatment after your surgery? I understand your concern. Hang in there; I'll be thinking of you.

luv2teachsped

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 07:14:37 pm »
Kim-  A great big ditto to everyone else's posts.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.  Sometimes it seems things keep pouring in, but you'll do okay! ;)luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07