Author Topic: Anyone know any docs in Birmingham, Ala?  (Read 8045 times)

maggymay

Anyone know any docs in Birmingham, Ala?
« on: September 17, 2005, 08:03:25 am »
Just curious. My neurosurgeon for a previous brain event is Dr. Wink Fisher. If this ends up being an AN, I was wondering if anyone knew how Birmingham Kirkland Center or UAB ranks in the AN surgery world.
Thanks!

1wareagle

Re: Anyone know any docs in Birmingham, Ala?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:30:22 pm »
I visited the kirkland clinic for the first time Oct. 5. I saw Dr. Gunthrie for a 2nd opinion. I was very impressed with him. He has Medical Conferences each friday and tuesday and wanted to take my film along to get several opinions at once on what method to go at it. If everything goes ok i plan to use him unless i find out some reason i shouldn't use him. If anyone has any information on this clinc or doctor please let me know.
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

Sam

• I will Praise GOD in this storm !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 01:04:06 am »
I used Dr. Guthrie, and you are right he is very professional, and impressive. I had Gammaknife  on 12/12/2006 at the Healthsouth/Highlands UAB Gammknife center. the staff there along with Dr. Guthrie, and Dr. Sharon Spencer made the procedure go by easy and plesant under the circumstances. I would do it all over again.
Diagnosed 4mm X 7mm Acoustic Neuroma Left side 09/23/2006
Gammaknife Healthsouth/Highland Medical Center 12/12/2006
                         UAB Gammaknife

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 12:53:14 pm »
HI all and welcome,

Since Birmingham is very close to Atlanta (drive time), if you do decide to consider Atlanta, please know that Emory is doing great work for AN patients and Kennestone Hospital now has Cyberknife Radio-surgery.

Wishing you all well during this journey... hang in there.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"