Author Topic: excercise & facial massage  (Read 3711 times)

sparky1

excercise & facial massage
« on: August 26, 2007, 07:06:56 am »
Hi All,
My husband had surgery 3 years ago. He had 12/7 surgery 3 months after. He still has some facila pain and receives Botox shots but they do not seem to last very long. Then the pain sets back in. I have been reading differnt post on MAssage and excersice. Does anyone know the web sites with the excerises and does anyone know of a a therapist in the Philadelphia PA area on specializes in this type of facial massage.
Thanks

Meagan

• Picture
Re: excercise & facial massage
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:17:59 am »
I never had the 12/7 (can't remember what that is) but had my surgery 8 months ago.  I am going to a facial retrainer and she works on making the muscles move correctly again.  I have the smallest start of a smile so hey it might work.
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

Pembo

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 10:23:27 am »
I went to a facial retrainer in Pittsburgh, UPMC. Todd Henkelmann. He was excellent. He would be happy to talk to you and recommend someone closer if he knows of anyone.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

palms0@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 10:50:08 am »
Hi sparky yes please contact my email
meb
9mm retro sigmoid drs. evans and willcox jefferson hosp phila
facial palsy, external eye weight, headaches 24-7, incisional pain 24-7, balance issues
i was a 46 yo happy active man, now this surgery has ruined my life
I WANT MY LIFE BACK!
ps still have 4mm enhancing area :(

vcschaub

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 07:25:29 am »
Jackie Diels, at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, is a well known facial retrainer. She has been a speaker at the last few AN conferences. I went to see her with good results. She combines exercises, self massage and botox. The following is a link to the Bell's Palsy site with exercises that are recommended for facial weakness. Some of Jackie's articles are also on that site.

http://www.bellspalsy.ws/exercise.htm
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear