Author Topic: Received Botox  (Read 4689 times)

gms

Received Botox
« on: July 27, 2007, 04:32:17 pm »
I recieved Botox on my weak side around my chin because I had some indention and twitching when I smiled.  Also, my Doctor injected Botox above my eyebrow on my good side to balance out, since I was not able to raise my brow on my weaker side.  I am very pleased with the results.  It took a couple of days to really notice a difference.  It has worked for me.  I've also had Juvederm injected into the noso-labial fold on my weaker side to fill in the deep wrinkle.  You will definately need to check with your insurance and make sure they will be covered as they are very expensive.

pattibobatti

Re: Received Botox
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:42:44 am »
Hi There,

What kind of Dr. injected your botox?  I have the dimple thing too!  And did your insurance cover the cost?

Thanks,
Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

grocerychik

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 04:54:16 pm »
I've had 3 treatments of botox from my Dr who did my surgery. What a difference, it smooths out the dimple in my chin and it loosens the tight feeling in my jaw. So far my insurance has paid but the last time they wanted to know if it was helping and what it was helping.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 07:47:04 pm »
mmm Botox may have a multitude of deliverables. Worth investigating further - thx for the posts.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

amymeri

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 06:11:19 am »
I had a doctor that specializes in facial paralysis inject the botox.

It is very helpful.
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

pattibobatti

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 08:09:47 am »
Yesterday I had an appointment with an otolaryngologist.  I made the appt. because although I am so happy with my facial recovery, I still have a problem with puckering my lips. (the right side doesn't) I was thinking maybe there was a surgery to fix this or something. 

He told me that I have synkenisis in that area.  I was so surprised to hear that because I thought it was just a part of my facial nerve that has not started working. He said the cheek muscle is working way too hard and overpowers the lip muscle. 

He injected botox in my cheek and said to expect it to be much improved in 5 days!!!!

I have had this lip thing going on for a year and a half and cannot believe how easy this was.  I will be sure to post in a few days with an update!!

I hope this helps someone with the same kind of problem!!!!!

Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid

'Are we having fun yet?'

pattibobatti

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 04:03:33 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to tell you all how the botox is working after a week!  I am very happy with the results.  Before the injection the upper lip on the AN side kind of raised up all the time. Now it is completely straight across.... And the puckering problem has improved a little. 

I guess I'll be getting botox from now on! 

Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid

'Are we having fun yet?'