Author Topic: The Cell phone debate and my Chiropractor  (Read 6190 times)

Crystal

The Cell phone debate and my Chiropractor
« on: July 26, 2007, 04:57:12 pm »
Hello,

I went to my chiropractor yesterday.  Just started doing this a couple of weeks ago for a stiff neck and he is really doing a great job to losen everything up.

He introduced a new concept to me yesterday that has me feeling very alarmed.  The rumors have been around for a few years and I long ago dismissed them until chatting with him.  I researched a bit and enclosed a couple of articles to share.

He says that many in the medical community are becomming very uneasy with the current SAR (standard absorbtion Rate aka - radiation absorbtion into your brain) from the more powerful cell phones as well as other wireless devices.  He says that it appears to a large growing community of physicians(rather than the smaller number a few years ago)  that wireless devices will be the "cigarette" and "asbestos" of the future in about 10 years.  He says studies are comming in now from Europe and tons of lobbiets are hitting Washington DC to cover stuff up, just like they did with smoking for several years.  Yikes!  Short story is abosolutly limit your kids use of cell phones, in case they are right!  Also there are SAR reduction technology out there which I just bought and attached to my phone(there are also debates on how well those work).  I'm getting one for everybody in my family.

http://rfraider.com/includes/open_file.php?id=17
http://rfraider.com/includes/open_file.php?id=18
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=sar+standard+absorption+rate&spell=1
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sar+reduction+technology

Dr. Chang - Stanford U - April 2004 Cyberknife 15mm X 12mm
Dr. Schwartz and Doctor Luxford - House Ear Clinic - Dec 2006 Translab 19.1mm X 15mm

eugd

Re: The Cell phone debate and my Chiropractor
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:05:11 pm »
I believe it, my tumor was on the right side the same side I frequently use to talk on my cell for years...
Eugene- Age 32
2.15 cm mass on the right nerve removed via the retro on 12/20/06. D.C. from the House Ear Institute on 12/23/06. Dr. Freidman, & Dr. Shwartz. were the doctors. No post opt. vertigo, hearing loss  or facial nerves damage.  No major post opt headaches.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:39:22 pm »
This issue has been debated for a long time and on this forum as well.

I have seen two pieces of research done in Sweden which i think has the highest rate of brain cancer / issues around but don't quote me on that. The results are inconclusive and only marginally point towards a potential issue with analog cell phones (which noone uses anymore).

the problem is that this technology has only been around a short while. If cell phones are the asbestos of tomorrow then we are indeed in deep doo-doo ccoz there aren't too many people in the world that don't have on e of these devices.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

jimmy r

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 08:48:52 am »
i wonder if you are ok using a bluetooth.
Translab HEI 1987. Retro-sigmoid Mass General 6/19/2007. 7 hour surgery by Barker and Mekena. No nerve damage. Not all the tumor removed.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 09:11:55 am »
I never had a cell phone, gone sailing 7 years from the United States (virgin air, no electrical power sources, etc.) and had an AN diagnosed on my left. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

matti

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 06:06:37 pm »
I had never used a cell phone prior to my diagnosis in 1998.

But I did grow up in a very loud Italian family, so I always put the blame on them  ;)

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Crystal

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 07:51:25 pm »
Just think about the number of smokers there use to be.  Everybody in my family smoked at one time except my brother and I.  All of my grandmother's siblings died of emphasema, but they worked on the railroad too.  My dad and my cousin have it now.  Of course I know there are people who don't smoke who do get lung cancer and emphasema.

"They" are trying to get cell phones labled with "may be harmful to your health" "may cause brain tumors".  Of course it is being faught like the d***ens.

Without telling me why, my Chiropracter had me stand and hold out my right arm stiff.  He pushed on it and could not push it down.  Then he took my cell phone and put it in the center of my chest just below my throat.  Then he had me hold out my arm stiff again pushed my arm down and it was like water.  He says it doesn't affect everyone that way.  Some people are more sensative than others.  I tried it on my hubby and it did not affect him.  It did both of my daughters, one 26 and one 14.  They were as shocked as I was.

Try it...
Dr. Chang - Stanford U - April 2004 Cyberknife 15mm X 12mm
Dr. Schwartz and Doctor Luxford - House Ear Clinic - Dec 2006 Translab 19.1mm X 15mm

TP

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 06:57:41 am »
I've always thought that cell phones were going to be an issue at some point in the future. My AN was on the side that I always used when talking on a headset, cell phone and wireless phone. Now I try to use my speaker phone every chance I get and never put any phone up to my ear unless I absolutely have too. These folks who walk around with those new little cell phones that look like bugs in their ear amazes me. Why do we have to be available to everyone at all hours of the day?   
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Sheryl

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 08:19:07 am »
I'm always saying, "what did we do before cell phones"?  I guess we missed a lot of appointments, got lost quite a bit, and hoped in an emergency that the person who we flagged down wouldn't be "Jack the Ripper".  Personally, my tumor - 9th cranial nerve schwannoma (and my husband's benign meningioma) were found before we started using cell phones about four years ago.  Even now, it's carried with us just for emergencies and important calls that we are awaiting and not at home to receive.  If there is substance to the claims, it would be unfortunate as there are many (my son included) who have given up their "land lines" completely.
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 08:45:32 am »
Be careful about the "facts" you read on the internet .. there truth is out there.. but you have to put some of your own reasoning in with it . The internet has more speculation than facts... because ANYONE can create a web page and display their beliefs as facts ...

Think of the web as the worlds biggest mens room wall .. do you belive everything you read ?  :o

while it is true the there was a study and AN could be caused by cell phones.. and was ALSO a study that shows there is no connection .. guess which one gets more press..  from "real" media and the internet... ??? personally .. I could not live... or work .. without my cell phone .. and have no plans to change that ... and ps... my AN issues started long before the age of cell phones...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:48:36 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Sheryl

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 12:10:49 pm »
Great site to check some of the "wonderful" things we receive by e-mail is: www.snopes.com.  Before I forward anything on to others that seems "too good or too bad" to be true, I will check Snopes for true or false clarification.
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 12:58:03 pm »
Crystal,

I believe the "test" performed on you by your Chiropractor is called kinesiology or muscle testing.  I had this done once.  Don't know if there's any truth to this way of testing for sensitivities to food or other substances, but it's fun standing in the kitchen going through the foods you eat and how the body reacts. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 04:43:18 pm »
Couldn't agree more with you Joe.

Too many vested interests out there.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 12:43:03 pm »
I don't buy the idea that cell phones cause AN tumors (or cancer).  I think the evidence is scant and conflicting, at best. 

Acoustic neuroma tumors have been seen - mostly in autopsies in the old days - for well over 100 years.  Cancer was also around long before cell phone technology was invented.  I think some folks - especially in the tabloid media - take new, popular technology and old fears and try to wed them for the purpose of sensationalism, hoping to gain readers/viewers/listeners or academic 'prestige'. 

I'm not buying into this cell-phone =AN/cancer premise without a lot more incontrovertible evidence from clearly non-biased sources. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 01:06:04 pm »
Interesting debate regarding cell phones.  The consequences of heavy cell phone use may take many more years of study to determine if there really is a risk or not...and in the meantime, more and more people are using cell phones more and more!  I view them as a convenient "emergency" phone to have handy.  I don't use them in place of my regular phone, which is a wireless phone. Don't know if there are any indications of trouble with a wireless phone.  My son and his wife haven't even bothered to put in land line phone and use their cell phone as their primary means of communication and believe me, my dau-in-law is communicating all the time!!  I am very confident that cell phone use had nothing to do with my AN, since I didn't have a cell phone at the time my schwann cells decided to go nuts. I do believe these are caused by a gene that misfires, but I leave the door open that cell phones or other environmental issues might aggravate the situation.  I guess I'm showing my age, but I too, don't quite understand why everyone has to be in instant communication with everyone at anytime.  In certain situations, yes, of course.  But when I see a lady walking down the aisle of Trader Joe's shopping and casually talking with her pals via the thing stuck in her ear, I think...oh come on!  Yeah, I'm getting old!  ;D

Old Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode