Author Topic: Topamax  (Read 29361 times)

Static

Re: Topamax
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 07:40:42 pm »
Deb,
So glad to hear that you're sticking with the Topomax.  I've been doing ok here, but there have been other things going on with allergies.  Right now, I have the itchies so bad I could scream!  Ran out of benadryl and just don't feel like going out for it because I'm just tired of it all!  I have no freakin clue why I itch, I just do.  This has happened to me on off since about June.  I think I'll go have a piece of chocolate cake!  So anyway, I needed a diversion and went out and got another puppy.  Another golden of course.  I tried to change my picture to one with both dogs in it but I can't remember how I did it the first time and now I don't have any picture!  Keep doing well with the Topamax, I'm glad you're feeling better.
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2007, 05:29:28 pm »
Well, now, I've gone and had 2 migraines in 10 days. Don't that just Suck! A ton of stress, though. Two long car trips that I had to DRIVE, a hike, a sick and in pain Dr Love who had to have surgery, 5 nights sleeping on the floor next to his bed at his kids, well, no frigging wonder. I have 3 doses of Imitrex left and have reached my insurance limit and the refill is $435.00. >:( (Does my insurance company know it's cheaper for me to go to the emergency room? So I'm only allowed 3 more migraines till January 1st or I'm up spit creek without a frigging paddle!

All I want for Christmas is some IMITREX INJECTABLE SAMPLES FROM YOUR LOCAL NEUROLOGIST!!!  I'll send you my address. Message me. Meanwhile I'm upping the Topamax I think to 125 or 150. Calling the pros tomorrow.Love you all.

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2007, 05:50:09 pm »
Oh Cap't Deb,

Dam insurance companies should be made to walk the plank!!!  Can your Dr not write or call the insurance company to explain your AN condition.  Most people with AN suffer with headaches, myself included.  Thanks to you, I took your advice and I'm on topamax and it has helped.   Poor Dr Love.  You with migraines and him with his back :'(.

I hope tomorrow is better, and you both rest well tonight.
Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Static

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 09:12:09 pm »
Insurance companies/employers who set up your insurance benefits stink!  I just found out, after my oldest turned 19, even though she is a full time student, that she is no longer covered under our prescription plan and vision plan.  We can put her in under the COBRA, but that costs $350 a month.  Wonderful thing the union did when they settled that last contract and didn't tell anyone about taking away that part of the benefits from the students.  That's enough to give anyone a headache, and I've been doing pretty good lately!  Good luck Deb, hope everything works out for ya!
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 03:57:36 pm »
So I switched from the sprinkles to the solid pills hoping they'd be cheaped and guess what, they're not.  I'm having to stay at 100 mg a day till January when I can AFFORD to up my dose to 150 or 200 where it'll prevent me from capping out my insurance in MAY like I did this year. $2000 is my prescription limit and my Imitrex is $90 a vial or $90 per migraine. It really is the only thing that keeps me out of the ER. Or thinking of suicide.

Topamax goes generic in 2 years, though. Then it will be $10 for me all year regardless of the cap. Yeay! Hope I stay alive that long!!!!!

Capt Deb 8)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2007, 07:07:09 pm »
Deb,

from one headwreck to another - my empathy's.

You know, at times i think I'd just like to space out on some 'grass' permanently but working may be a problem. Where are the new and improved drugs that will give us permanent relief?

Hope you don't have too many more wrecks until your new allocation starts again

hugs

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2007, 07:16:59 pm »
All I want for Christmas is some
IM-E-TREX!!
(sung to the tune of "all I want for Chrismas is my two front teeth,"of course!)

Capt Deb

yardtick

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2007, 09:39:19 pm »
Great new picture Capt Deb!!!

I want a new left side of my face that doesn't have any pain, no twitches, no numbness and NO HEADACHES.

I also want this black cloud to lift off of my shoulders.

I'm not asking for much am I?
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Static

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2007, 08:32:20 pm »
Hey Deb, I like that song.  I think my words will be, All I want for Christmas is a Sa-Lu-Shun! (yeah, I know how it's really spelled).  I feel like I'm back to square one.  Weather starts getting cooler, headaches start getting bad again >:(  I am so sick of explaining myself to doctors who don't understand me or what I'm trying to explain and they just tell me to write it down, keep a journal of it, blah blah blah.  I'm with Laz, I  just want to space out for awhile!
~K
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2007, 09:32:04 am »
GUESS WHAT???
I GOT IMITREX FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy I could do THIS!!!!!

Thanks, Phyll, my Favorite jewish Santa and Beanie, too!!!!!

Hugs and kisses,

Capt Deb

yardtick

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2007, 01:42:45 pm »
Do you have a headache today?  I'm dying.  The left side of my head and face, down my neck and some of my shoulder.  I woke up with it.   I have med's like imitrex but I'm afraid to take it.  I feel like the top of my head is going to explode when I take imitrex.  I took fiorinal c, but it isn't really helping.  I'm going to bed after I read the postings on the forum. 

Capt Deb, Phyll and of course Beanie, you truly are special.  I tell everyone about this wonderful forum.  I've told them they can just read the postings as guests to get the sense of family that keeps me coming back for more. 

The bond of friendship and the spirit of the holidays.......I'm too emotional today........pain does that to me.

The pharmaceutical and insurance companies could learn a few things from Phyll and Beanie !!  God Bless you!!

Anne Marie 
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2007, 03:53:53 pm »
Yes, my head does feel like it's exploding for a few seconds after I give myself a shot of Imitrex, but it sure beats suffering through an 18 to 24 hour suicide migraine! I get to suffer through about 1/2 hour migraine followed by a several hour low grade headache  instead.  Sure beats the heck out of the ER.
Had one last night as a matter of fact!

Capt Deb

yardtick

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2007, 09:26:27 pm »
So, is that a common side effect of the imitrex?  I'm still dying. 

I've had one hell of a stressful week.  The weather has been cold, dark stormy....freezing rain, ice pellets and snow.  I hate winter. 

Oh yeah I forgot, a mother-in-law who ruined another Christmas could have contributed to this dam headache. 

Anyone out there need a moher-in-law.  I pay for her flight.  One way ticket of course ;D
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2007, 09:29:05 am »
*a speshal note from Beanie, the "toot" Queenie*

woof-arf-arf!  Heh-heh-picture-woof!  Arf-Arf-bellyrub-woof!  Woof-arf-arf-no migraines-woof-arf-arf-woof-heh! :-*

xoxooxoxoxoxoxox
Beanie
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Static

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2007, 04:52:56 pm »
Yard, Feeling like poo here too.  I think the weather changes more in the winter and makes things worse, at least it does for me anyway; I hate winter too.  Talked to the neuro today, going to see him soon then heading down to see Dr. Silberstein next.  I fell on my head, literally, Saturday night, just from bending over slightly and I just kept on going, didn't even realize what was happening.  Balance is totally out of whack.  I waited to call my neuro today and he said to call the GP, now I can't get him cuz it's too late.  Will call tomorrow.  The pain in my neck and shoulder is horrendous and advil or excedrin just doesn't cut it.  Going to use a heatpack again but it's just getting worse each day (I also got a rug burn on my forehead). 
I think you should ship your mother in law to my mother in law and they can make each other miserable!  Sounds like a plan to me!
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right