Author Topic: Today is my MRI  (Read 4716 times)

Jackie

Today is my MRI
« on: July 16, 2007, 10:40:45 am »
Hello Everyone,

I haven't contributed lately, just have been reading everyones posts at least 3 times daily! My heart goes out to each and everyone of you always!!! Today at 12:30 I have my second MRI, and hopefully will get through it easier than my first last February! I have the big Claustrophobia, but think that the meds. prescribed taken earlier should help! This MRI will be done with contrast, so I am assuming that it will take longer! Oh joy! Just what I want! Anyway, I want all of you to know how wonderful I think you are and can really feel the love and caring that you all are so free in giving! I send you my best and hope that each of you will recover beyond your expectations!!! Here's hoping for good news after today! I have not been feeling the fullness, but do have Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss, and have pretty much gotten used to all of that! It's trying to minimize the stress, as it has been a really aweful year so far. I lost my dear dear Mother, and a dear cousin within 3 days of each other, and was diagnosed with this 9x11 mm AN, and of course my hubby of 42 years has had health issues! UGH! We need happier times. Bless you all, sorry for rambling
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: Today is my MRI
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:55:42 am »
MRIs with contrast take 40-45 minutes usually.  The contrast is injected about halfway through.

Good luck.  Let us know how it goes today!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 06:38:06 pm »
Hi dear friends,

I got throught he MRI much better this time, I a sure because I took the meds differently than prescribed! I didn't feel the panic but was much calmer, NOT that I enjoyed it, by any means! My dear sweet husband made the suggestion on taking the meds earlier snd it helped! So now I wait for results of just a couple of days. I came directly home and had to go to bed! When I got uo my AN side upon sitting upright really hurt deep in there?? Any explanation? The pain now has subsided, after taking Advil.

Just wondering if any of you have had that?
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Lamsue23

• My "Magic AN Scarf" l day after surgery!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:35 am »
Hi Jackie,

Glad to hear that you got through another MRI.  I too have panic attacks when I have them, medication surely helps.  I have had about a total of 10 MRI's in 5 years time, 3 for my AN.  The last one I got, the nurse told me the meds would take 20 minutes to take effect, she came back in 15 and told me to suck it up and let's go.  I wasn't laughing then, but you know I did suck it up and went through it fine.

Such bedside manners!!!

At the hospital in Darthmouth-Hitchcock that I have my MRI's, I'm amazed that I can have my MRI, walked to my neuro appt. and he has my results immediately.  No waiting days to find out.  The waiting can be exhausting....

I sympathise with your lost, I too have lost my husband and my sister, both 56, one month apart.  Both my parents 6 months apart.  I was in a daze wondering why I was left so all alone all at once.  But, we must pick ourselves up and continue on.  I quess that's why I'm on depression pills.  I also have a daughter, whose 38, with Cyctic Fibrosis.  Therapy twice a day, 5 lung surgeries and she's a single MOM raising two wonderful children 10 & 11.  Oh by the way, her son also has CF.  This is what keeps my chin up when I see what she is going through and I never hear her complain.  She my inspiration!

Good Luck to you,
Sue

SueL/from NH
Retrosigmoid Surgery 8/6/2008 DHMC, Lebanon, NH 7.5 hrs.
Dr. Erkmen - neurosurgeon
Dr. Morrisson - neuro-ostology
Loss of hearing 70% in left ear.
Vision and Balance issues...Taste!!