Author Topic: MRI results tomorrow  (Read 1902 times)

linnilue

MRI results tomorrow
« on: July 15, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »
I have to confess that I am a bit scared about my follow-up tomorrow.  I had my 2 1/2 year follow-up MRI on Tuesday and I see the radio-oncologist in the morning.  I hate being scared.  But I have had some bizaare symptoms lately (another aura-type migraine without the headache on Sat. I had to call my neurologist at home just to reassure me because this was the symptom that got me dx'd with the AN 3 years ago) plus my balance has been horrible and the tinnitus is a bit intolerable at times.  So, we shall see, as you know my luck has never been good with this AN since I had the linac.  I think the tumor is up to something and I hope it's up to shrinking!  Honestly, isn't it a pain in the neck dealing with this bologna?  Geez Louise.  I'll let you all know tomorrow and then I'm off to Boston to see Dr. McKenna for the real evaluation.  I just can't trust one opinion anymore.  I love my radio-oncologist but I hate (and hate is a strong word) but I do hate my neurosurgeon for doing such irrepurable damage to me with that linac machine.  Wish me luck, Holly 
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

tsl

Re: MRI results tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:57:01 am »
Holly,
My prayers and best wishes are with you.
-Theresa
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007