Author Topic: how many times a "postie"?  (Read 2461 times)

lora

how many times a "postie"?
« on: July 01, 2007, 08:56:26 pm »
Helllo my friends out there in wonky head land!  This is now my second "postie" time from my second surgery and hopefully my last-except that little GK thing they want to  do down the road.  I will remember 2007 as the year of my head.  I am staying at my daughters as I would have fallen down the stairs had I been at my house and I forget to eat, not necessarily a bad thing.  My food still taste funny and balance is a word I use in the past tense, but as my family points out I have had 2 brain surgeries in 2 months,maybe I should give it some time??  Type A personality anyone??  I do have a question though ;D  I actually had some PT after this round, but only have one more visit.  My next move i a MRI in Sept.  Am I out of line to maybe be followed by someone until then??  I have no neurologist or anyone I see until the MRI is done in Sept.  and I feel kinda lost without someone I can call if ai need something, though I am sure the surgeon woould answer my questions.  Are y'all being followed by some other practice??  Lora-who still can't walk straight
4.7cm x all over my head, filling 4th ventricle, squashing the brainstem
translab by the awesome Dr.Tomaras 4/12/07
retrosigmoid, Drs. Tomaras and Steuer 6/4/07
GK in Oct. for the little bit left?
2007--the year of the head "what a long, strange trip it's been"

NF-2er

Re: how many times a "postie"?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:52:50 pm »
Hi Lora;

And there is no neurosurgeon or otologist, ENT, etc. to follow you?
   Re, VRT, if it bothers you excessivily, it seems there's time in the future. The brain takes time to compensate and the more good function lost, oftentimes the longer the recovery period. Much depends on the well being of the contralateral ear.
   Re GK, there's no such thing as it being a small event.
   Best wishes in this!!

NF-2er

lora

Re: how many times a "postie"?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 12:47:49 pm »
I do have my surgeon, but would like someone a little closer (who is closer than the man inside my head?) Anyway, I made an appt with my PCP just to touch base...
4.7cm x all over my head, filling 4th ventricle, squashing the brainstem
translab by the awesome Dr.Tomaras 4/12/07
retrosigmoid, Drs. Tomaras and Steuer 6/4/07
GK in Oct. for the little bit left?
2007--the year of the head "what a long, strange trip it's been"