Author Topic: travelling by plane after AN surgery  (Read 2588 times)

claireb

travelling by plane after AN surgery
« on: June 29, 2007, 01:23:35 am »
I am just curious to know - did any of you travel by plane within weeks of your AN surgery? As you all know my mum has had her op in London and I am thinking that it will be probably be a long time since we see her again cause probably travelling by plane will not be good for her cause of the air pressure.  Her flight back to Malta will be close to 3 hours. 
Claire

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: travelling by plane after AN surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:18:42 am »
Many people travel for this surgery, and fly home in a week or so.  If she has no complications, it shouldn't be a problem.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 03:15:37 pm »
I flew across the whole country 3 weeks or so post-op without any problem. At least a 5-6 hr flight. Piece of cake!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

OTO

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 10:47:54 pm »
I flew from LA to Hawaii 12 days post-op with no problems.   One thing it was an early morning flight, and there was no lines at the check-in counter and no line at the security check-point, so I didn't really have to do a lot of standing, waiting and walking.   I also splurged on first-class seats, so it was very comfortable.   I think I would have been alot more tired and cranky if it was mid-morning with long lines and a middle seat in coach....  ha ha ha...

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 06:35:32 am »
I'm the strange one in the bunch.  I tried to fly from Houston to Kansas City.  Fortunately there was a stop in Dallas.  I got off there because my head felt like it was going to explode.  A friend drove me back to Houston.  I am ready to try again though because I have always loved to fly and skydive.  I may try that again too.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT