Author Topic: Annual MRI / Hearing Exam Results...  (Read 3299 times)

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Annual MRI / Hearing Exam Results...
« on: June 25, 2007, 03:27:29 pm »
I went today for my ENT appointment...  Good news, the tumor is still holding at 2.1 cm, my hearing still has the same "cookie bite" pattern, and my speech recognition is still at 70%.  This makes it unchanged for 3 years now.  The doc suggested going to bi-yearly MRI...I declined.  I won't go there until I see some shrinkage.  So I'm scheduled to go again next year.

I have to admit, I hate the annual MRI's...it really stresses me out.   :o

Gary
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

flier58

Re: Annual MRI / Hearing Exam Results...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:40:06 pm »
Hi Gary,
Wonderful news!!!!   Next: shrinkage!!!
Flier58

NF-2er

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:43:02 pm »
Hi Gary;

Which way is the "cookie" eaten?  : ) Does the eater have all their teeth?

NF-2er

I went today for my ENT appointment...  Good news, the tumor is still holding at 2.1 cm, my hearing still has the same "cookie bite" pattern, and my speech recognition is still at 70%.  This makes it unchanged for 3 years now.  The doc suggested going to bi-yearly MRI...I declined.  I won't go there until I see some shrinkage.  So I'm scheduled to go again next year.

I have to admit, I hate the annual MRI's...it really stresses me out.   :o

Gary

Dealy

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 06:58:52 am »
Gary- I posted under AN Issues about my recent Annual MRI and Hearing Test. I can relate about stressing out with these. I do not blame you for declining on MRI's. Need too keep track of this thing until it shows signs of dying. I am somewhat confused with mine. Prelim report from place that did my MRI indicates Central Necrosis but a nurse at JHH indicated that the tumor is stable but made no mention of necrosis. The head Neuro at JHH has been gone the past month so has not lokked at MRI yet. Thanks for posting your results. Now too sweat out another year. I have no idea yet when they will request another MRI for me-perhaps in 6 months. Thanks- Ron and take care.

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 02:21:09 pm »
I hope you hear something soon...keep on them until you hear something...
I'd go with the news from the Radiologist as they are trained to read these - vs - the head nurse.

Gary

Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

Patch

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 05:49:19 pm »
GARY

I FEEL YOU ON THOSE MRI'S. I HATE BEING IN A CLOSED SPACE FOR TO LONG. I GET VERY RESTLESS. HOPE ALL TURNS OUT WELL FOR YOU.

MARK
Radiation 7/07 for 17mm AN, Had my 2 year MRI 07/09, An now 13mm.

mema

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 02:59:08 pm »
Ron,                                                                                                                                                                                         

My reports from the radiologists who do my MRI's never mention necrosis.  18 month MRI it was 1mm smaller.  Someone else posted me that they don't always mention necrosis.                                                                                                                                         

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.