Author Topic: NF-2 Getting rid of half the monster  (Read 9366 times)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: NF-2 Getting rid of half the monster
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 12:29:13 pm »
Cheryl, that other type I think you're talking about was when they were discussing "mosaic" NF2.  That would be, for example, when the "mutation" would occur after several cell divisions have already occurred, so chromosome 22 would be normal in some areas of your body, and show signs of NF2 in others...therefore, you could have benign tumors in only one or several "mosaic" areas of your body.  I remember that in relation to someone asking about some benign tumors she had in her foot and how that could relate to NF2. 

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

NF-2er

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 08:19:57 pm »
Hi;

Yes, the gene marker for NF-2 only takes a small segment. I believe 12.2. There are many other chromosome 22 diseases unrelated to NF-2 and 'seemingly close', but actually very far away from the defective gene area.

Inherited, and severe NF-2 is of the "Wishart" variety and the more mild and probably new mutation NF-2 is known as the "Gardner Variety". There are about 6 sub-divisions between.

The formation of a unilateral, one time, spontaneous AN is exactly the same as for an NF-2 mediated AN however.

In the distant future, I can envision "virgin birth" type provocations for certain, difficult illnesses and anxious to be parents, couples. We've already surrogates.

Guess I'm not a research scientist so best make this my last post, re NF-2.

NF-2er

tony

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 03:35:53 am »
Last post ? - thats sounds a bit heavy...
I hope you are alright
(or as well as can be expected ?)
Best Regards
Tony