Author Topic: my legs !  (Read 2311 times)

satman

my legs !
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:45:40 pm »
man,now i know why they call'em "physical terrorist"
they tend to work ya pretty good in out-patient.
in-patient was tolerable,at home was kind of a joke,but now,
my legs are killing me ! but it's all for a good reason,i actually walked without a walker or cane today!
signs of progress, man it feels good!
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Raydean

Re: my legs !
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 07:15:33 pm »
Guess there is truth in the old saying "no pain, no gain"  Heck I just thought that was sports talk!!

Seriously  WAY TO GO!!!!  I can only imagine how good it must of felt and worth all of the pain.
Proof positive of how far you've come.  You have got to be proud.

Congratulations
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 03:05:45 pm »
i remember when i was using a walker.... whew i'm so glad thats over with... keep up the determination
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

chrissmom

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 08:21:30 pm »
Yep, you sure do get a work out. Chris really worked at it during his stay as an inpatient in the rehab unit and as an outpatient.  As an outpatient he did 2 straight hours.  Determination is 99% (sweat is the rest).  Hang in there.   You'll have great results. Oh, by the way...do the homework too !  Wishing you all the best.

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 09:17:48 pm »
Yes homework is a must.  I remember being sore for the first few visits. They tended to increase my workout weekly when they thought I was starting to get the hang of it too  LOL.
Taylor I hated the walker but couldn't stand up without it.  Just trying to get a cold drink from the fridge was a challenge.

Dfcman

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 11:49:06 pm »
yeah, def got more of a work-out in outpatient.  I had to be given a towel and they even adjusted the AC a few times.  Its all for the best though.  If they say do a set of 10..do a set of 20. .. if you can.  When something seems hard in therapy its good that you practice and do more of it.  You WILL get better.

Chris
Son of Chrissmom
23 Years Old
AIM is the best way to contact me
5.3 x 4 cm tumor removed by surgery(2 times)
Dr. Arriaga and Dr. Baghai Pittsburgh Allegheny Hospital
Post Op as of 7/20/06