Author Topic: Transcochlear Approach  (Read 3955 times)

Patti2007

Transcochlear Approach
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:53:54 am »
Has anyone had the transcochlear approach or been diagnosed with a cochlear neuroma?

NF-2er

Re: Transcochlear Approach
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 01:00:50 pm »
 Hi Patti;

It's rare, very rare that an AN would grow outwardly into the middle ear's cochlea. I've seen websites where it's mentioned but have never witnessed a post of a person having said occurence.

It's rare enough that some sites say an AN always grows inwardly.

Have you had this surgery or been diagnosed with a cochlear AN? Middle ear surgeries at least don't invade the cranium so are not brain surgeries but the cochlea is about the size of an aspirin.

Take care!

Russ

Obita

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:48:37 pm »
Hi Patti2007:

I am pretty sure Thornapple's neuroma is in the cochlea.  If you want to write, you can click on the # of forum members on the bottom of the forum homepage.  That takes you to an alpha listing of our usernames.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Patti2007

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 09:15:55 am »
I was originally diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma and just recently found out it is a cochlear neuroma.  It started in my cochlear 12 - 15 years ago and is now growing outward.  I will be having it removed in November.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 09:14:31 pm »
I "Think" Adrian just had this approach for his surgery

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=5095.60

“4�
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!