Author Topic: FEVER  (Read 3065 times)

Shrnwldr

FEVER
« on: May 31, 2007, 10:00:15 am »
So my surgery and recovery have pretty much moved along until last evening.  I am almost two weeks out and I have not had any liquid coming from my nose, my ear, my incision, or I haven't felt any fluid going down the back of my throat and yet I have a fever  Now I am scared because I have no clue what is going on.  I know that you aren't suppose to have any emotional stress and yet Sunday through Tuesday was a pretty stressful time for me. 
Bottom line there was a huge fight and then I started crying on Tuesday.  Could that have caused all this to be happening?  Today I will see my doctor but I don't want to have to go back into the hospital.  I just hope that whatever this fever is caused from it is nothing serious... minor sinus infection or something unreleated to my surgery.

Keep you posted.
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: FEVER
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:23:11 pm »
shrnwldr,
  I'm gald to hear you're seing your doctor today, and mentioning the fever.  Hopefully it's something unrelated to the AN.  Being only two weeks out from surgery, the worry would be a possible brain infection.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Shrnwldr

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 04:14:48 pm »
Today seems to have been a better day.  My fever subsided and I am maintainining a 98.6 temperature.  I have though rested throughout the day without taking long walks.  My head isn't as "full" as it was (the doctor says it is the packing behind the ear drum).  So I think I am still recovering.   I was finally able to sleep about 8 hours deeply and interrupted.  So that was nice.  Anyway I have been just enjoying the beautiful California weather.   Thanks for listening Sharon
2cm x1cm, right side

Catflower

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 04:39:23 pm »
Please keep a close eye on that fever.  I'm currently on 17 of 42 days of at home IV antibiotics because I got a nasty infection in my incision (probably due to the metal mesh) and had to have a second surgery to open it, remove the metal mesh and clean it out.  I just got those stitches out Monday.

If you have any unusual soreness or drainage from you incision get yourself to your surgeon ASAP.

Good Luck

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 05:05:04 pm »
Only 2 weeks out? REST, REST, REST Sharon.  Could've gotten overheated from the fight,  etc., other things besides infection can cause increased temperature, but need to rule out infection(like Catflower said), glad all went well with the doc.  You've been through major surgery my friend, rest, walk,  take care of yourself & your body.   Keep a peaceful heart,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

eugd

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 06:51:44 pm »
If the fevers come at night it might be related to the suture material, after the surgery I started getting night fevers related to a sterile absence resulting from the area where the fat was taken out.  Touch it and see if there are any lumps on the area or if it’s draining.  I pushed lightly on it and it would ooze fluid due to my body spitting sutures.  After a few weeks it resolved when the suture pushed its way out of the incision.  Then the night fevers went away. 
Eugene- Age 32
2.15 cm mass on the right nerve removed via the retro on 12/20/06. D.C. from the House Ear Institute on 12/23/06. Dr. Freidman, & Dr. Shwartz. were the doctors. No post opt. vertigo, hearing loss  or facial nerves damage.  No major post opt headaches.

Shrnwldr

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 01:12:37 pm »
Thank you all.  I really believe that the fever (which was low-grade) started from trying to push myself.  I did walk down to my surgeon's office and back, that is about a city block.  I walked anothr 1/4 mile the following day.  I had attended a wedding shower.  I got upset and had started crying and I think all this contributed to the fever.  I keep a diligent record of my temperature that I take a minimum of 4 times a day.  My doctor has called every day to make all is okay.  I just learned that you really need to rest rest rest and more rest AND that is exactly what I have been doing.  No more fevers, no headaches, no nothing.  I am able to take naps and just lazy around.  I forgot that I was only like 1-1/2 weeks out from surgery. 

Thank you again for all the caring and advice. Glad this forum exists.
Sharon
2cm x1cm, right side