Author Topic: 7 months, finally a little progress  (Read 2111 times)

rjp

7 months, finally a little progress
« on: May 30, 2007, 10:32:58 am »
I had a 3.3 cm AN partially removed 7 months ago. (2nd MRI showed about 30% left)
No movement left side, until this morning, finally, I found a very small, almost imperceptible movement at the left corner of my mouth when I try to smile.  Maybe this is a good sign of things to come in the next months. Anyway it was the sign I was waiting for, 7 months checking the mirror.  So I am very hopeful again, I had almost lost hope when I passed 6 month mark with no change.

I still struggle with closing my left eye, blurriness, and dryness.
I am still sensitive to light, can't go anywhere without my sunglasses.
I have noticed more of a copper or metal taste in my mouth that others have mentioned.
I hope these things will improve, especially my vision.

And still no hearing left side, but I knew I would lose that going in.
Of course any improvements I have could be wiped out in the next surgery, but I try not to think about it.

rjp

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:22:57 am by rjp »

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: 7 months, finally a little progress
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:28:23 pm »
rjp,
  Congrates on the improvement.  And here's hoping that the improvements accelerate.
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

linny

• still problems, 3yrs later
Re: 7 months, finally a little progress
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:40:00 pm »
wow I thought I was not healing right because I still have issues after 7 months. :-\  I had first AN surgery in july my brain swelled and leakage so they put stunt in and a week later went back in for a second surgery to finish the job.I was in ICU for a month and a half. I am doing better but not completely back to whatever normal is. :D My issue is memory and balance. this month I go in for a MRI I sure hope they dont find anything ! Good luck to you I know how you feel.  :(
Linda-2yr post AN 3-cm left side.  OHSU hospital , slow recovery for me. But then I had to have 2 surgeries with complications swelling of brain,