Author Topic: A place to vent  (Read 82737 times)

chelsmom

Re: A place to vent
« Reply #300 on: November 02, 2007, 10:01:30 pm »
Dearest Phyll

I also wanted to thank you for the constant support you give to us.  I know in my most difficullt time with Chelsea, your words were a great source of comfort.  I'm sorry if I'm one of the ones that haven't thanked you.  I was in quite a fog during those awful months and I don't really remember if I thanked all of you for helping me thru.
So, just in case...thank you. 

I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible.  I hope all these loving comments make you feel better.      Take Care.....Michelle

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2007, 06:23:40 am »
Phyll !!

Thank you for setting up the "Best Coast" Bunches!! ... I've always looked forward to each one ...  its been great for a few of the newbies to see that we can still have a good time after or Surgery or Radio ...

Thank you for meeting me for breakfast when I drove up by you to get my kayak ... it was a great diversion to break up that long drive...

Thank you for moderating!! . its been great talking tho issues with you... You have been taking a much more active role with the forum ... and its been a better place for it...

and Thank you for being you !!! your very pasionate about life and work ... and when others dont share that passion ... its a source of fustration....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 06:36:40 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

marg

« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2007, 01:18:08 pm »
Phyl,
     What can I say...we appreciate you so much... many times and to many people you have been a life line..... so

THANK YOU              THANK YOU                      THANK YOU         
Margaret
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:22:04 pm by marg »
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2007, 02:40:35 pm »
Hey Phyl,

Just read your recent, most understandable rant.  Never mind asking why people do what they do, as if our understanding will somehow make us feel better or be able to excuse their inconsiderate ways.  Well, it won't because the real answer may just piss us off more!  My hubby works with people and very often I hear him cursing up a storm somethin fierce about "all it takes is one quick phone call.....what happened to common curtosy!  How in the "bleep" do they continue to run their business with discourteous attitudes?  What a bunch of "bleep", how hard is it to figure out?  No wonder they aren't succeeding in their business....etc., etc., etc."  You're not alone Phyl. 

Why just today I had my "rant and rave" fest.  I was called around 10 p.m. last night to sub a yoga class the next day saying it was an emergency.  Okay, I feel for the guy and his emergency so I'll do it last minute interrupting my Saturday with the hubby at home.  It's only for 2 hours with driving.  Just before I leave I get call from my bosses boss asking if I could sub on short notice, she's willing to pay me $5 more (she knows I'm quitting tomorrow due to insuficient pay to work on Sunday not to mention other places pay three times more) I tell her I got the call last night and I accept, graciously declining the $5. 

So, off I go 30 minutes down the road only to find out another teacher is there to teach.  Inhaling and exhaling peace  I lower my shoulders that have attached themselves to my earlobes decreasing the contracted neck muslces.  I turn around to leave and on my way home decide not to waste the travel time and pull into shopping center.  Browsing happily my phone rings.  It's the hubby telling me they're wondering why you haven't shown up to teach.  He tells me he explained to my boss the guy I'm subbing for gave me directions and she states it's at another location and wants to know if I'll travel there and teach even though I'm late!  WHAAAAAAT?!  Hubby reminding me about who I truly am----sigh okay I'll go  So giving up shopping I'm moving on to new location.  Arriving 45 minutes late for an 11 o'clock class there's only one student.  Inhaling peace, exhaling calm, she doesn't deserve my frustration suck it up and remember what you are not  After teaching that one hour I check out but not before writing my own "venting" letter about "......disrespect shown to me by this very large corporation, chicken feed (didn't use that one) for pay (I can't digest it), never being able to plan weekend getaways CAUSE I'M THERE WORKING!, filling in at moments notice only to be jerked around...blah, blah, blah.  Really it was a stern but polite vent. 

This letter continues in my head and when I get home steaming and my hubby says "She told me when she talked with you on the phone before you left she said it was at "blah blah" location."  Screwing up my face I ranted about how that is so not true and how dare she try to make it my fault.  Okay, so I know I'm hard of hearing, and slow with the thinking, nobody gets to use my excuses, expecially to make themselves look better!  I'm no dummy, I just act like it sometimes.  I know I'm "off" but I have an excuse, what's yours?  I'm sorry, I can't hear you when you talk to me in such demeaning tones. 

So this yoga instructor will be signing off at the local gym and searching other venues to continue doing what I do best. 

OOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM[/color][/font]
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

marg

« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2007, 05:41:14 pm »
All I can say is good for you Arushi !   I hope you find a better job,,, closer to home....at at  3 times the pay !!
Margaret
Marg 
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Lorenzo

« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2007, 12:57:26 am »
Karen? BRAVA. And "bleep' them. They DO NOT deserve you!
Start your own place, that way you can rant quietly at yourself and work all the hours you want.  lol
Ciao, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #306 on: November 05, 2007, 04:51:43 pm »
Hi all,

I am floored... I am overwhelmed... I am humbled... I am appreciative.  Again, I was not looking for praise but just citing personal experiences to note my thoughts about how common courtesy has flown out the window.  I thank you all... for everything... the love and support you all have shown me in my time here on the forum boards (and in private) and I, honestly am quite humbled.  I thank you.

Karen, you KNOW I send you white light and warm huggles... and you are handling crap as well and of all things to do to you... again, where is common courtesy?..... Namaste, hun!

So, again, I thank you all... and if anyone knows where common courtesy has gone, please let me know... as I still haven't seen it for where I seek.

BTW, dr's FINALLY did call (after I got all -- rhymes with "witchy" -- with them) and got my follow up's.  Trust me, I made it VERY known I was VERY dissatisfied with their lack of common courtesy and they crossed the wrong path..... tee-hee. :)

xoxoxoxoxo to you all.... truly.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2007, 07:23:29 am »
I would like to know the same thing... this has also been a resent topic of discussion in
another group I belong to... from kids at school to the lady at Walmart that when I asked
for help getting a crock pot off a high shelf said under her breath What the h*** else am
I gonna have to do here
.. I wanted to say well you do get paid and do have the ladder
but me and the friend with me just let it pass ...

I would like to issue a blanket thank you to all who have helped me from this site... I read more
than I post and I guess I am lack in not posting at least a thank you when I read something that is useful
to me , even if I have nothing to add to the discussion... I have got alot of good common sense
advise here and appreciate it
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2007, 05:25:07 pm »
Yes Soundy, I too read more than I post.  I find I have had a lot of questions answered from reading.  So I thank everyone who has posted.  Every now and than I throw my 2 cents in and my crazy sense of humour.  Thanks to this forum I'm met some amazing people.  Thank you again.  We are all in this together.

I just wish I could go to brunch on Sunday, but Toronto, Ont is a little far away to travel from.  Maybe next time.  I would love to meet everyone in person ;D.

Anne Marie 
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2007, 06:02:00 pm »
If It's 1 :30 or 2:00 and my phone rings I know who it is before I answer it. This throaty voice says "How's your head?" I know who it is. My guardian angel checking up on me!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

matti

« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2007, 11:04:15 pm »
We must have the same guardian angel  ;)

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

marg

« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2007, 01:22:17 am »
     Had my  5  1/2  month follow up MRI last Wed.  and tomorrow I see my neurosurgeon...... I didn't think I would be stressed but all I can think is ...God I hope he doesn't see anything that shouldn't be there.  There are so many things that are going on in my life at the present ( 3 weeks back into full time teaching which is very overwhelming, still trying to adjust to SSD, a mother-in-law who makes major problems from her assisted living place  for many others, a husband who doesn't have a full time job right now so I cover us medically and $$$ )............. I don't know if I could take bad news tomorrow.   My husband won't even be at my Dr. appointment with me because he has to go with his sister to a Dr. appointment for his mother (to try and get her  on anti anxiety meds as part of her daily medication ) ....  excuse me - but he is going to be 'not available' to substitue in the school district so he can go to this appointment for his mother ..... and won't be at my appointment for me !!!!     Normally, he is very supportive, but I admit I feel like I am taking 2nd place (which I don't mind when there truly is a need but why can't his sister do this on her own ! ).

It has gotten so bad with his mother calling us nonstop and saying nasty things that I finally found out how and  blocked her being able to call us  (but we can call her) I just can't take it anymore, I have been the one on the phone for 1 to 2 hours a day for the last 2 weeks trying to sort out the people she is upsetting and I have had enough !!!

Thanks for listening..........................I think I'm just scared about tomorrow ... I was by myself when I found out that I had a brain tumor last December  .... and  I hardly remember driving home.   I just don't want to be by myself again if I get bad news.  I would ask one of my family but they all live 100 miles away . 
I'm just glad  you are all my AN family... and understand.
Margaret

Marg 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2007, 06:57:55 am »
Margaret..... I'm sending MAJOR huggles for your appt and know you have the strength to get through it, even if it's on your own.  Had to do the same thing recently since my bloke was at work. I really wanted him there as he's a very grounded person and if anyone can keep me grounded, it's him.  I'm sorry to hear your mother-in-law is facing her challenges and hope that if other siblings are available to your husband to help out with her, that way he can dedicate his focus to the woman who stands beside in him life.

I know you'll be fine at your appt.... kick some butt and hang tough. I know it will all work out.

HUGGLES!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2007, 11:18:12 am »

Big HUGS to you MARG.

We too are dealing with aging parents as I am from the “sandwich generation� of baby boomers. My husband’s siblings placed my mother-in-law in a nursing home the same week I had my 11+ hour AN surgery out-of-state. My dear hubby was on total overload…

sandwich generation defined
http://www.sandwichgeneration.com/

Marg - You are extra special as you are from the “club sandwich generation�.

club sandwich generation defined
http://www.wordspy.com/words/club-sandwichgeneration.asp

If you need someone to give you a real hug (verses the cyber hug here) my caregiver and I are headed to Portland tomorrow.
(She is age 77 and a “triple decker club sandwichâ€? as she has 5 children, 7 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren. She is also a widow (her husband died in his surgery) who generously looked after me post surgery once I returned to Oregon. She has gone through major surgeries recently and was home alone  :-\ during her recovery times. Oy ya ya!  To me she a model  8) of strength, perseverance, and faith.  :) A 77 year-old and a 44-year-old post op AN’er hanging out together has been good for both of us as we get each other out-and-about. We are helping each other...) 

She and I are planning an outing in Portland tomorrow but had not picked and exact “where and when� yet …

If you need us- just say so and we’ll be there for you. You have my phone #...

We could find a nice little place that serves club sandwiches. LOL ;D

Cheers,

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

TP

« Reply #314 on: November 07, 2007, 09:34:17 pm »
Marg, you are AWESOME! Being strong is great, it gets you thru life - however, there are times when we need to realize we can't do everything and one of the most important words I've learned to deal with is NO. Sometimes we have to say NO to people, even relatives. That is hard to do but once you say it it sure gives you freedom.  I am going to say a prayer for you tonight but if you do end up going to the DR by yourself, ask one of the nurses in the office to come into the room with you and sit with you while your Dr tells you the news. Hopefully he/she will be sitting there for a few moments and will leave but if the news is tough, the nurse can be there to hold your hand or give you a hug. Either way you will feel better having someone else sit with you while your Dr shares the news.

4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision