Author Topic: 6 mos. post treatment  (Read 3724 times)

BevM

6 mos. post treatment
« on: May 15, 2007, 07:55:03 am »
Hello everyone:  I had my six mos. follow-up with Stanford last Friday and the good new is that the Tumor is showing signs of shrinkage and DEATH!!  Dr. Adler tells me that it could be that the symtoms have not changed because of the swelling and dying process.  He reported that the shrinkage is more than he would have anticipated at this time and he has hope that the symtoms will resolve, at least to some degree, in time. He did put me on a short course of Methylprednisolone to see if that will help with the swelling.  This is a glucocorticoid!!  I have only heard about Presnisone or Decadron on the forum and thought that would be what was prescribed, so was surprised when I picked up the prescription.  I guess it is generic for Medrol!?  Have to ask some questions. 
For those of you exploring treatment decisions I have to say I am happy with my choice for Cyberknife.

Blessings to all.

Bev

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 6 mos. post treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 08:08:51 am »
Bev,

I'm doing the happy dance for you! Congrats, congrats! Great news!  I was given a short course of ibuprofen for some of my minor symptoms and that seems to do the trick. We know Dr. Adler is the top of the line when it comes to this and I would ask him about the meds....

Congratulations and continued wellness to you!!! :)

*does happy dance around office... bumps into file cabinet*   :P

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Derek

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 01:12:09 pm »
Hi Bev...

Congrats on the great news at such an early stage....best wishes for a total necrosis.

Regards

Derek

Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

gregsh

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 03:48:13 pm »
Congratulations on the good news ;D  I was diagnosed with a AN about 2 months ago and I have decided to head west to Stanford and let Dr. Adler zap it.  It's encouraging to hear such a positive story.

flier58

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 04:53:21 pm »
Hi Bev,
What a wonderful news!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Flier58

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:49 am »
Hooray!  Death to tumors!!

Congrats on the good news.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

BevM

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 08:19:32 am »
Thanks for all your good thoughts and cheers!!

Bev

marystro

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:24:08 pm »
Congratulations!  Sue...

I had a dream the other night --- everyone who got zapped by CK had a big reunion years later...  we had so much fun that even the doctors were all dancing happy dance with Phyl and all....  of course, I was not a good dancer, kept stepping on everyone's feet... ;D

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm