Author Topic: Balance on cruise ship  (Read 12237 times)

kkweiher

Re: Balance on cruise ship
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 10:37:51 am »
 :) :) ;) ; HI ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THE CRUISE WAS GRRRRRREEEEEAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!! I ONLY HAD ONE EPISODE THAT MY BALANCE WAS AN ISSUE BUT I'M PRETTY SURE IT WAS DUE TO THE EFFECTS OF THE MARTINI TASTING EVENT AND NOT THE AN OR SSD.  I CAN HONESTLY SAY I WAS QUITE RELIEVED BECAUSE I FOUND OUT JOE IS TAKING ME ON ANOTHER ONE IN DECEMBER THAT LEAVES OUT OF LA.  I CAN SAY THIS FROM THE EXPERIENCE, I DID REQUIRE MORE REST THAN I ALLOWED MYSELF ON ANY OTHER CRUISES I'VE BEEN ON.  HOWEVER, I ONLY SPENT ONE DAY RESTING, THANK GOODNESS IT WAS OVER CAST SO IT DID N'T BOTHER ME NOT TO GO OUT.  AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET MY PICS ON THE COMPUTER I WILL SHOW SOME SHOTS.  HEY ELLIS..... IF I LOOK OVERSERVED IN MY PICS IT IS PROBABLY BECAUSE I WAS.  THERE WAS A WINE TASTING EVENT, MARTINI EVENT AND ALL SORTS OF ALCOHOL RELATED THINGS I PROBABLY SHOULD NOT HAVE ATTENDED BUT I WAS TIRED OF BEING ON GOOD BEHAVIOR!!!!!!! I HAD A BLAST---NEVER SEEN SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SHIP AS THE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS!!!!!!!!!!! IF ANYONE EVER HAS A CHANCE TO CRUISE ON THIS SHIP I ASSURE YOU THERE WILL BE NO DISSAPOINTMENTS........ IF I NEVER GO BACK TO PEURTO RICO(????) IT WILL NOT BOTHER ME IN THE LEAST IT WAS VERY DIRTY AND VERYYYYY EXPENSIVE.  ST. MARTINS WAS THE BEST FOR SHOPPING AND THE BEACHES WERE FREE. LABADEE HAITI WAS VERY PRETTY AS WELL BUT THE SHOPPING WAS NOT THAT GREAT....
Kimbra
AN 1.6x2.5x2.0,removed by trans lab approach 3-16-07 by Dr. Michael McGee ENT and Donnie Horton Neurologist at Baptist hosp, Okc.  Took 10hrs.

1wareagle

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 02:04:51 pm »
Hi Kimbra,

So glad you got back safely. I checked the news each night to see if there was a man-over-board on any ships.  ;D  How did you handle the SSD at Dinner each night? That was the worst part of my trip. I couldn't hear the waiter if I sit one way and if I changed seating the next night I couldn't hear my family. There was just too much noise for my BAHA to process in the dining room.

We have never been to Peurto Rico, but after a while, all the islands end up tourist traps. Just to be on the ship is great! So you are going again in Dec, my wife has been looking for another trip ever since we got back. We'll probably wait till the beginning of next yr to go again.

Glad to hear you had a great time,
Ellis
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 01:24:08 pm »
Hi everybody,
I'm new to the AN world, still deciding what to do....but my hubby and I discovered cruising several years ago, and we love 'em too.  I just wanted to add advice that not only should there be less rocking the LOWER one is in the ship, but also the more CENTRAL one is front-to-back.  The stabilizers on the cruise ships are incredibly good, but there is always slight motion, which I suspect each of us reacts differently to..... the beds are movable, I believe, so if the head-toe rocking bothers you, perhaps experiment with the bed turned 90% and see if side-to-side rocking isn't better.

I have lots of questions, but want to read posts before asking them under appropriate topic.  Thanks for being here.... it really helps to read stories and opinions of everyone -- it's a relief from reading all the technical literature!!  Thanks again.

Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.