Author Topic: NE ANA Forum Gang Brunch at Maxwell's - Sunday, May 4, 2008  (Read 62420 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: NE ANA Forum Gang Pre-holiday Brunch at Maxwell's - Sunday, Nov 11
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2007, 11:05:25 am »
Everyone enjoy tomorrows brunch.  Please post some pictures.  May not be there in body but I will be there in spirit. 

Have a great time ;D

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

elliemae

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2007, 03:58:53 pm »
Just got the Red Sox message...count me in!  I'll be well decked out!
See you all tomorrow!
Elaine

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2007, 08:31:33 am »
slight attendance change to the list.... as for Iain/CB, he got a promotion at work... just in time for his boss to leave for a 10-day cruise so he won't be joining us but he sends his best to everyone.... updated list as we have a few "regrets" not attending.

Updated for Sunday, November 11, 11am-? (we always close the place!):

http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/Maxines/Brunch/brunch.html

Phyl
kbonner/Katie
yoga52smh/Sue
MLB57/"half-baked" Mary 
Trish (ANA metro-Boston) support group coordinator
elliemae/Elaine
JoeF
tsl/Teresa
Jcinma
pattycake (Pat) and hubby Joe

Heading out shortly. For those attending, I believe most of you have my cellphone number, so call me if need be.... see you there shortly... got my BoSox gear ready :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jimmy r

« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2007, 10:13:44 am »
Sorry i didn't make it today. I am just too exhausted from my daily 4 drive to Boston and a long day at work yesterday to drive today. Hopefully i will make the next brunch.
Translab HEI 1987. Retro-sigmoid Mass General 6/19/2007. 7 hour surgery by Barker and Mekena. No nerve damage. Not all the tumor removed.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2007, 09:01:09 am »
another successful brunch, all!  I was so touched by the restaurant's warmth and hugs and thoughfulness in taking care of our group.  It truly is amazing how much they embrace the brunch gang and I have to say, we are really lucky that they take such good care of us.... and as for Gil, our Brazilian nut....... to think he and his wife just had a "mini-me Gil".... supposedly looks just like dad.... and the dumplin's.... oy!  Oy!  Dang, they were good.

It was great to see the brunch "veterans" and some terrific new faces... .patticakes, it was great to meet you and Joe.... and am thrilled that Trish FINALLY found the restaurant after circling the area for an 1-1/2 hours!  :o.... says a lot about GPS systems as it took a live human voice  (thanks Sue!) to bring her to us.... at least there was some food left.

Thanks again all for a delightful day!  BTW, I'm wearing elastic waistband pants ... or a MuMu ... to the next brunch :)

Phyl
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:17:45 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2007, 09:12:29 am »
*keeps fingers crossed*
I hope this works

========================================

L to R:  Phyl, Jane, Sue, Mary, Katie, Trish, Elaine and Teresa!  The bus is still there and we had to enjoy it one more time!  It was a cold day outside but boy, the day was truly filled with warmth! :)

The ANA forum brunch… and as you can see, many are also still enjoying the BoSox Winning Spirit!

Back row, L to R:  Elaine, Mary, Joe (Patty’s husband), Patty, Sue, Jane, Teresa.
Front row, L to R:  JoeF, Katie, Trish, Phyl

Nothing like a few apple dumpin’s to ruin one’s waistline! Served with Caramel sauce and fresh whipped, whipped cream (in backround)..... I think I'll renew my membership to the local gym :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:19:27 am by ppearl214 »

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2007, 02:04:28 pm »
Hi!

Just saw the pictures. Best ones yet!! Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. My flight left Boston at 3:15 and seemed to make record time getting down to Tampa: 2 hrs, 45 min. I'm walking around outside talking on the phone bare-chested under the dripping Spanish Moss. 77 degrees with no humidity. Satuday night I was playing a gig up in Epping, NH and it was cold!

I really feel bad about missing the brunch but I promise to make the next one in April. Hint: Jody will be up in April around her birthday and will attend but only if she can get two weeks off. Her birthday will be on Sunday, the 6th and if she can only get that week off then I'll have to attend her party instead of the brunch. If, however, she gets two weeks off then she can devote that other Sunday to attending the brunch, if we can coordinate it on that particular weekend. If not, then maybe it would be best to schedule the brunch at the end of April when things will be in the clear for me.

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

elliemae

« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2007, 02:25:49 pm »
Great pictures, Phyl!  Do we look a bit COLD out by the bus or what!  So are we all just a tad jealous of Paul in Florida!   ;D
But you're right...the warmth is there inside from all the great new friends!  Oh, and those warm dumplings too!  (Forget the gym until after the holidays!). 

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2007, 03:40:46 pm »
I looked at the "fish and tackle" t-shirt and guessed that JUST had to be Joef before I read the names on the bottom. See even us Pacific Northwesterners enjoy to see the photos.

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Sheryl

« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2007, 05:48:03 pm »
Yes, you guys do look cold - HA HA HA and here we are just south of Paul in Cape Coral, Florida with doors and windows open enjoying our lanai while we sip our after dinner tea!!  Pretty soon the Red Sox will be here for spring training (we're only 10 minutes from the park).  Sorry to have missed the brunch - will catch one some day.  Glad you all had a great time and you've got the calories to contend with!!1

Sheryl the "wait and watch" snowbird
Larry - CK "snowbird" done 10/1/07 at Beth Israel.
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2007, 06:29:33 am »
I had a great time, as usual!  Gil really outdid himself with the dumplin' tray.  Fantastic!!!  I can't believe he made them just for us.  What a sweetie-pie.

Next brunch on April 6, 2008 after the snow is done.  Mark your calendars - Bill and Gil have already been warned!!

Thanks!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2007, 08:28:28 am »
I just licked my computer screen--NO! NO! not the pics of YOU lot, but the ones of them apple dumplins, not the Apple Dumpling Gang, which is what you should start calling youselves, you know.

I know you all had a great time, I can tell by the grins!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2007, 11:40:08 am »
I looked at the "fish and tackle" t-shirt and guessed that JUST had to be Joef before I read the names on the bottom. See even us Pacific Northwesterners enjoy to see the photos.

Next time I'll wear my waders...  ;)

Crazycat we'll catch ya next time ...  8)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:43:58 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2007, 01:10:50 pm »
Next time I'll wear my waders...  ;)

cute... you'll wear waders, I'll wear a MuMu and everyone will lose their appetites for apple dumlin's just by looking at us! :)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2007, 03:31:19 pm »
then there will be more for us!  ;D
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital