Author Topic: 1 Year MRI ...  (Read 2808 times)

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
1 Year MRI ...
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:53:57 am »
Hi All. Long time no talk!

I just had my 1-year MRI from my stage-2 surgery yesterday. I have the films in hand, but don't meet with Dr's until next Wednesday, so I won't know what's going on until then. I have a small piece of residual tumor left in there, and my Dr's claim that there is about a 90% chance that it will grow again in my lifetime, so they want me to have GK, to kill off the rest. At my 6-month MRI, there was no growth and they still recommended I "get it done" and have GK. I opted to wait until it grew to have any more treatment, so as you might imagine. I'm really hoping it hasn't grown at all! I think two brain surgeries is enough! I want to avoid GK if at all possible. Have any of you had microsurgery AND GK?

Thanks

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 1 Year MRI ...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 01:22:37 pm »
Scott

Good to see you! :)  Been a long time!

Question... did he mention CK at all?  GK is awesome, as we know.. and also by fractioning the doses, CK and FSR may be treatment of thought as well... did he say why GK over other options?

Glad you are back!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 01:35:10 pm »
He didn't say, but I'll inquire more at my appointment next week.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:46:24 pm »
Hi

All paws are crossed here at our home for you; write about next Wed. news when you can.

It's good to hear you posting,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness