Author Topic: 1st post op today  (Read 3121 times)

lora

1st post op today
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:37:39 pm »
I feel like a new woman!  Just getting all those staples out and getting to take a shower can go so far in making you feel human again!  Oh yeah, MRI in about 3 weeks and hopefully it will be small enough to radiate, otherwise he is talking about a suboccipital approach this time, but I really don't know if I can do this again,,,but right now nothing is going to ruin that shower and shampoo!!!!!!!
4.7cm x all over my head, filling 4th ventricle, squashing the brainstem
translab by the awesome Dr.Tomaras 4/12/07
retrosigmoid, Drs. Tomaras and Steuer 6/4/07
GK in Oct. for the little bit left?
2007--the year of the head "what a long, strange trip it's been"

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: 1st post op today
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 06:50:00 pm »
Hey Lora:  you just reminded me of the 1st shampoo post op !!   I couldn't wait, yet, at the same time I was so scared about massaging on the suture line.  Mom was standing by just in case I needed her, but I did great, & it FELT GREAT to wash that hair !!   I'm having the feelings all over again.    Oh,  you may find there's quite a bit of hair falling out, especially when you comb thru - I remember that lasted quite awhile, but don't worry, it'll slow down then go to the regular amount of hair loss.
well,  ENJOY THAT SHOWER & SHAMPOO MY FRIEND !!!!    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:52:55 pm »
Isn't it a great feeling?   ;D

Though I do remember it took several showers (washing/rinsing my hair several times each shower) to get my hair feeling normal again...

Congratulations!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 04:01:32 pm »
That was the best shower and shampoo I ever had and I do not normally take showers.  I have always been a tub person.  Every day you will get better.  Hang in there!
Jean
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results

TP

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 07:48:41 pm »
I totally agree! I used baby shampoo for a while and like what Nancy said - I also was nervous about the suture. I had my family help me those first few weeks. I lost a lot of hair as well and since the incision was behind my ear you couldn't notice it very much. Within a few months my hair was just as thick as it was before my surgrey.

I hope your MRI brings you great results!! You have a wonderful attitude!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Shrnwldr

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 08:31:58 am »
I think washing my hair is going to be my next blissful moment!  my hair is kinda long and now stinky, greasy, and my daughter informed last night with a lot of ugly muck in it (including blood).  You had staples?  my doc said I had no staples just pressure bandages.  Well whatever!  Washing my hair is definitely going to feel like heaven to me. :) Sharon
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007