Author Topic: Update  (Read 2325 times)

Catflower

Update
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:05:10 am »
Here's an update on my post AN surgery experience.  My incision became infected and opened up exposing the 6 x 6 cm metal mesh that was inserted during the AN surgery.  I had to go back to surgery to have this all opened up, cleaned out, metal mesh removed and sutured.  I came home yesterday on six weeks of IV antibiotics.  I'm hooked up two hours twice a day until the end of June.

What an experience this has been.

Linda in WV

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 10:45:15 am »
Hi Linda,

I am sorry your experience was tougher than most.  I do hope you are feeling a little better each day.  I'm glad you are able to touch base with us here.  Know that I am thinking about you and wish you a speedier recovery from your set back. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Shrnwldr

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:28:59 am »
I am so sorry to hear about this.  Wishing nothing but continued positive recovery from this point out.  Take care and know you are in my prayers. Sharon
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:22:52 am »
Hi, Linda:

Glad you're home but sorry to learn of your post-op experience with infection, antibiotics, etc. and your extended hospital stay.

I trust that you'll heal quickly now that the problem has been resolved and you'll be able to put this experience behind you as you move forward, one step at a time.  Rest and look to your now-AN-free future.  We're here for you whenever you wish to visit.

Take care, Catflower.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.