Thanks, Bruce, for your response. I do have hearing loss in my right AN ear, but it's at the low end of normal or just below normal in some frequencies. Everything else is normal for me--no other signs or symptoms, except for the constant noise of "night in the forest" sounds in my ear. I haven't watched my CN for any length of time. I'm a Kaiser patient and i just received the results of my MRI a week and half ago. I literally got into see Mattox because of a last minute cancellation--because I was told I was going to have to wait a month and a half, too.
I've got two long weekend commitments in April and mid-May, so I'm going to begin my treatment the third week of May and go for the 28 days straight (sans weekends) from that point on. I'm having some concern about the long term effects of the radiation--six months, a year, two or three years down the road-- that I've been reading about on the web and forum. And of course they don't have studies 10 to 15 years down the road to see if there continues to be good tumor control.
But I think I'm doing the right thing for me at this point. Since it is butting up against the brain stem, I don't want to wait. And the one-shot deal just doesn't feel right. By the way, please forgive my inexperience with posting on forums, but how do I post a question without replying to someone else's question? I can't see to figure that one out.