Author Topic: ***Update***  (Read 3319 times)

Dave22000

***Update***
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:44:05 pm »
To those who responded to my previous post, thank you all.

Well, I did as several of you had suggested.  I sent a copy of my MRI to House.  Dr. House himself called me.  According to Dr. House what I have isn't an AN  .  However,  I do have a 3-4mm Lipoma (fatty tumor) of the IAC    .   Not a life threatening situation and very uncommon.  Dr. House says that lipomas are very slow growing and difficult to remove as compared to an AN.  Dr. House recommends a conservative approach of monitoring the lipoma with an MRI every 6-12 months. 

In the mean time, I just have to put up with the right side hearing loss and that darned 24/7 tinnitus.  Any suggestions on how to cope?

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: ***Update***
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 07:26:26 am »
Hi Dave

I'm glad to hear you do not have an AN and hope that you will be well soon.  I'm glad to hear your dr's have figured out what is going on.  For info re: hearing issues and tinnitus, please check the "Hearing Issues" forum here as there are many different prospectives and threads on handling the different aspects of hearing issues.

Be well.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"