Author Topic: TAI CHI  (Read 13665 times)

gracey79

Re: TAI CHI
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 12:39:21 am »

I was searching and found this thread from quite a while back and was wondering how everyone is doing with Tai Chi.  My step-father shared some on Tai Chi years ago when I was in my mid teen years.  I am so thankful he shared with me his knowledge.  I am hoping it has a positive impact on my health and balance.
http://youtu.be/kztoT6IWfnA
Diagnosed 2014 a while after mom was also diagnosed with a slightly smaller AN on opposite side(we are not NF2)
4/14   2.0x2.4x1.7
10/14 1.6x2.2x1.5
6/15   1.5x2.9x1.6
8/16   2.8x2.2x1.5
Watch and wait may be prepping for surgery soon 6/17?
Mom of 5
16,12,5,3, 8m

Hokiegal

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 06:50:33 pm »
So glad to find this thread!  Pre-AN, I took a class called Body Flow, which combined elements of tai chi, yoga, and Pilates.  I especially liked the tai chi part.  Since surgery, I have continued with Pilates for core strengthening and balance, and it has really helped.  Lately I've been considering adding a tai chi class to complement the Pilates.  Unfortunately, my gym only offers tai chi on weekdays.  But it does offer Body Flow on evenings and weekends, and a little tai chi would be better than none at all, right?  So I've decided to resume Body Flow -- I just needed a little nudge in that direction. Thanks, everyone who posted in this thread, for the encouragement!
3.0cm AN diagnosed 08/11, age 47
surgery 09/11, Dr. Patel (MUSC), 95% removed
SSD with tinnitus, right side facial paralysis, vision and balance issues
facial movement much improved, and still returning after 3yrs
"We are better than we think, and not quite what we want to be."  Nikki Giovanni

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:48 am »
Denise,

Standing on one leg is a bit precarious of me because of old balance issues (in addition to living with a balance nerve completely disconnected).
However, I would like to know if I can engage in TAI CHI otherwise?

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!