Author Topic: Change in surgery date  (Read 2072 times)

kss4luck

• 2.1 cm removed translab 5/4/07 Dr Jung/Clark RCH
Change in surgery date
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:01:48 pm »
Hey, Ok I'm whining.... sorry bear with me for a minute.  I had come to terms with me surgery date of April 18 and was looking forward to getting it over with and get on with my life and then now it has been changed to 5/4/07 . I know this is in God's hands and who knows maybe dr's operate better on Fridays than Wednesdays. Isnt there something like that about cars being built?  Anyway I just wondered if maybe because its a 2.1 cm and not that big will they consider this a non emergency surgery and keep bumping me back because of how long it takes?  Has this happened to any of you?

Featofclay

• February, 2011
Re: Change in surgery date
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:06:58 pm »
That's not whining..you are just ready to get it done and over with like we all have been.  My surgery was on a Friday (2/16/2007) and was scheduled for 12:30 but actually got moved up to like 11:00 a.m.  One of the doctors had a part in another surgery and got through quicker than he thought he would.  I am sorry you are having to wait though because I know how hard it is to wait.  Good luck and hope the weeks pass quickly for you.
Jean
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results