Author Topic: face lift on april 13!!  (Read 2940 times)

superrmaren

face lift on april 13!!
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:15:32 pm »
april 13th...a friday! good thing i'm not superstitious!

anyway, i'm having a little face lift to bring up my mouth a bit, make things more symmetrical, open my nose to make breathing easier.
i am so excited for this procedure! a bit nervous, but it's out-patient, i love my doctor and the hospital (dr. boahene at johns hopkins) it should be nothing compared to AN surgery but i'm still scared!

i wish this was erasing the facial paralysis rather than just making me look a little better. the plastic surgeon wants to wait 1 to 1 1/2 years for the facial nerve to come back before any re-animation surgery.  it has been about 7 1/2 months and feels like i've looked like an idiot forever! 

anybody else have a face lift or similar surgery?  (related to AN or not!)  i could just use a little pep-talk, see how things went, and a little advice!

xox
"the good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

4.5cm tumor resected at Johns Hopkins in 2006.  Drs. Tamargo and Minor
numerous facial plastic surgeries
12-7 nerve graft 2008
platinum eye weight removed 2009
deaf right - BAHA
residual balance issues
severe dry

er

Re: face lift on april 13!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 12:36:29 am »
Hi
I have not had a face lift but I was looking at a picture of myself 3 months after surgery and I looked like a piece of clay that some one had just took one side of my face and pulled it down :-\. I am glad I don't look like that any more but that picture comes back to life when I talk or smile. My nerves are slowly coming back but it will be 2 years on the 28th of this month.

Good luck you have more courage then I do
Eve :-\

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 06:37:18 am »
Eve:  yep, that's a good descrition of what we look like with the facial paralysis...
Supermaren:  hope it lifts your spirits as well as your face!!! 
                   I know, the waiting it out to see if the nerve is going to come back is a PIA, but it has to be done !
                   I feel like all us facial paralysis guys are in a boat, & as the nerve regenerates (from just waiting or having the 12/7 jump)
                   one by one each person then gets out of the boat. So at least we have company !!!!(crazy, huh?)
                   Wishing you all the best, Nancy

2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Jeanlea

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 07:23:24 pm »
Supermaren,

Good luck with your facelift.  Hope it makes you feel better.  I've been waiting for 18 months now.  I do have some movement.  It's coming back very slowly.  It would make waiting easier if I knew that it was all going to come back.  I always keep wondering, "Is this going to be it?"  If I don't move my face I've gotten to the point where I look fairly normal.  Just can't look normal if I talk or smile or laugh.  I don't know if the facial numbness has gotten any better. 

Okay, I am watching Grey's Anatomy.  There's a woman on there whose whole body is paralyzed except for her face and hands.  Guess I can live with the facial paralysis. 

Synchronicity?  Guess I needed to think about that right now.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

superrmaren

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 10:14:43 pm »

Okay, I am watching Grey's Anatomy.  There's a woman on there whose whole body is paralyzed except for her face and hands.  Guess I can live with the facial paralysis. 

Jean

i watched that, too. it could always be worse!
xox
"the good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

4.5cm tumor resected at Johns Hopkins in 2006.  Drs. Tamargo and Minor
numerous facial plastic surgeries
12-7 nerve graft 2008
platinum eye weight removed 2009
deaf right - BAHA
residual balance issues
severe dry