Author Topic: Aching teeth?  (Read 2962 times)

vjw1218

Aching teeth?
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:17:10 am »
Greetings.

My AN journey started after a serious sinus infection. Towards the end of my second round of anitbiotics, my front teeth started aching. It felt like I had been punched in the teeth. There was some dizziness when I blew my nose, etc.; but it was primarily aching teeth that sent me to an ENT. A visit to my dentist was inconclusive as well.

After a bad experience with that ENT doctor, I did not return until a series of sinus infections nearly 2 years later sent me to another doctor in that office. (Dr. Andrew Shorb is a lifesaver!)

I was diagnosed January 30. My ENT thinks the aching teeth is something unrelated, but he's not sure what's causing that problem.

Does anyone else have a problem with aching teeth? Just curious.

Val

matti

Re: Aching teeth?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:26:37 am »
I'm post-op, but recently developed aching upper teeth on my non-AN side. I was sent for an MRI and it showed a sinus polyp sitting right above the area.

When was your MRI taken?

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

vjw1218

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:15:32 pm »
January 23, 2007 was the date of my MRI.

ShoeGalBecky

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:07:59 pm »
I worked as a nurse at an Oral and Maxillofacial clinic for many years. This is just my opinion and from my experience in this field and obviously only a physicain can give you a dx. The maxillary sinuses sit extremely close to your teeth! Any sinus issue can cause teeth to ache. I know that whenever I have a sinus infection, bad cold or even sinus irritation from allergies, my teeth will ache. Just my two cents.  :)
8 mm right AN
Diagnosed 2/2007
Trying to sort out treatment options re: linac, CK, GK

tony

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 02:18:27 pm »
There is one other possibility - stress can cause people to grit the teeth
this will cause pain over time (maybe overnight as well)
a clue is to look in the mirror and grit the teeth
if the jaw muscles pump up like a body builder
then you have an answer
just a thought
Best Regards
Tony

Windsong

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 09:18:46 pm »
Tony, you had me checking in the mirror for body builder bulges in my jaw/face lol....

I try to keep it relaxed.

Right now I have a sinus infection and am on some strong antibiotic. But i do recall having tooth pain off and on pre treatment and a couple of times post. My dentist says the trigeminal nerve can cause that. Also, it's true that sinuses can too. I was reading some site about sinusitis and it made a point of saying  (it's some doctors site) that he sees patients diagnosed with tooth probs when it's been sinus and also the reverse.

W.