Author Topic: MRI question re: eye weights  (Read 16066 times)

lori67

Re: MRI question re: eye weights
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 05:32:44 pm »
I'm new at this virtual hug thing, but here goes....

HUG!!!!!!!!

Hope that worked.
I know your friend appreciates you being there for him, just like he was for you.  What a special friendship.
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

TP

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 07:32:04 pm »
Oh WOW, thank you all for your hugs. That is so sweet of you all.

Andy died this past Saturday (11/17). He fought until the end, he was sick of being in the hospital and wanted to get out of bed, they sedated him pretty heavy and he couldn't take it any longer and died with his family around him.  This cancer was so fast. We all were at the beach in August having a cook out and laughing. A few weeks later he was in the hospital having surgery and within two months his intestines and stomach were eating up with tumors.  His service is tomorrow and then he will be transported to North Carolina to be buried next to his dad. He leaves two young girls, 16 and 8. He was divorced.  :'(

The sermon at church today was about being thankful and having gratitude. Bottom line, as much as it is so sad he died at such a young age and leaving his mom, brothers and two beautiful girls,  I am so thankful he was in our life for the past 2 1/2 years. He was our first friend we met when we moved here and we had him over for Thanksgiving the last two years as he was single and had no where to go since his family lived out of town and his girls were at their mom.

This website has been such a blessing to me, thank you all for your understanding and kind words of support. 

4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 11:49:37 am »
We have all lost someone close to us.  We lost a forum member on Sept 24.  I know I speak for all of us on this forum, we feel your pain.  This life of ours is so complicated at times.  Its his girls I feel for.  I lost my mom when I was 8, 39 yrs age.  It is something that never leaves you.  I also feel for his mother.  No parent should out live their child.

You were a good friend to him.  I hope you are well.  Take care of yourself.

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 07:04:57 pm »
More hugs to you YP

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!