Author Topic: Does any one have a Baha ?  (Read 4106 times)

er

Does any one have a Baha ?
« on: March 17, 2007, 07:59:39 pm »
Thank you nancyann, Derek, & Jim Scott for you comments,
I am tickled that I found this web site; I feel now that someone understands
I went up to Portland for my yearly check up at OHSU Friday a 3-hour drive up for me.
My Otolaryngology said, my MRI looked good,For my hearing I could get a Baha screwed to my left side of my head behind the ear, for some reason or other the thought of it scares me.
For the other memory loose and the speech problem he wants me to go to a neurologist he says the acoustic naroma had nothing to do with it.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Does any one have a Baha ?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 07:15:32 am »

I have a BAHA .. and I'm happy with it .. there is a BAHA forum at http://www.baha-users-support.com/cgi-bin/2bb/2bb.cgi
(I'm there!) ..
    personally I think memory loss is not the direct result of the AN .. but it is an in-direct one! .. wayyyyy to many  people seem to have some level of memory loss after a AN (I do)...

now why was I posting again  ;)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

er

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 11:01:34 am »
Joef
Thank you for your responds; I did get on a web site on the baha. It sure is expansive, 10,000 for the surgery and 5,000 for the apparatus.Teasing my girl friend said it might be cheaper to get a hearing dog. I am a little frighten  will always be sore? My head is still tender from surgery and still  feels funny, yes even after 2 years
eve

luv2teachsped

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 06:52:50 pm »
Okay-
I've decided to bite the bullet.  My BAHA implant surgery is scheduled for April 18th! Even though I've read all your good results with the Transear, My Ins. will pay for BAHA but not Transear.  I think the BAHA is the way to go for me.  Wish me luck! No, I'm NOT looking forward to another surgery, but I am looking forward to a few days off from my class! Take Care-luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:47:42 pm »

It will take a few months to heal .. my AN site was pain free .. but the BAHA site will scaby and yucky looking for a few weeks...
I did not hurt .. just looks bad .. and I do have a little numbness .. but they say it will go away after a few years (!)

at any rate, you can't even see it now ...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

er

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:02:55 pm »
Thank you again for your response,I am going to check further
eve