Author Topic: 90 Days Post CK  (Read 2313 times)

jvastola

90 Days Post CK
« on: March 06, 2007, 04:02:12 pm »
Hello all,

Well today marks 90days post Cyberknife treatment at Rocky Mountain Cyberknife.  Things have finally started to settle out this week.  My tinitus seems to be reduced (yea!!), My hearing on the AN side is just about the same to slightly weaker than before treatment but my audiologist seems to think she can help me with a hearing aid.  I pick it up this week.  The oddest side affect is that I seem to have lost that feeling in my gut when I am falling, like elevators and roller coasters and such.  So far it has not been a problem, just odd.

After a few weeks of taking Tylenol and Ibuprophen like candy I have almost gone a week without.

All and all I feel like I made a good decision to go to RMCK, they even helped be out a bit with a payment plan for my balance.  This removed some stress from my life as well.

Thanks for all of the good wishes from this group and I send my best wishes out to all of you who are in process, and to all the watch and waiters out there.

Jim

Jim
San Jose, CA
Diagnosed 10/4/06
2.2cm x 2.4cm x1.9cm Left side
CK December 4-6 2006
6 month MRI showed no cell death
12month MRI Tumor size 1.9x1.9x1.6
14 months my hearing stars to return!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 90 Days Post CK
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 08:38:32 am »
Jim!! Great to see you!  Been so long! I am so thrilled to hear you are over the initial hump and you are doing great! :)  Also thrilled to hear the treatment ctr is working with you from a financial standpoint.

Please please keep us updated and welcome, you "postie"... thrilled to see you around! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: 90 Days Post CK
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 08:08:42 pm »
Hey Jim: glad to hear that you are still here!   :P  Good luck with your recovery- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys