Author Topic: Feat of Clay's post surgical update  (Read 2327 times)

Battyp

Feat of Clay's post surgical update
« on: March 02, 2007, 10:08:28 pm »
I made it!!!   That waiting for the surgery date was as bad as anything.  My doctors, Friedman, Schwartz and Stefan told me "we are amazed at how well you did".  Of course, I responded I am "Amazed with your abilities"...what a rewarding job they have and what a feeling of accomplishment after they do surgery.  My surgery was on February 16th and I had appointments with Friedman and Stefan on the following Thursday, February 22nd.  Dr. Friedman asked when we planned to fly home and we told him the 27th...he said you are free to go now if you like.  My husband and I opted to stay the additional days which was a very good idea since I could rest completely at Seton Guest Center.  The other family members there were a big support for him. 

The doctors were able to get all of my AN and I will not need to have another MRI until one year.  The plane trip home was uneventful and very, very smooth all the way from LA to Atlanta. 

I couldn't figure out how to post this where all the other postings were but maybe they will see this.  Everytime I get on this board, I start or end at a different place and have trouble getting back to where I was originally.  This is my first time back on my computer and my husband has been in here three times...guess that means I better stop now!  Thanks to all for your prayers and support.
Jean in Mississippi
P.S.  I met a lady whose husband's surgery was Feb. 27th.  They were from Tampa and she said he had posted on this board.  Will try to find him later.
 ;D

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Feat of Clay's post surgical update
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 07:37:12 am »
Wonderful news Jean !!!!!
Wishing you continued healing & a peaceful heart on your journey.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 08:42:38 am »
Jean, thank you so much for the update! Great news and wishes for continued wellness!

(thanks BP for sharing this with us!  :-* )
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:26:21 pm »
RIGHT ON BATTY PRINCESS!  So glad things went well for you.  It's good for us to hear the positive surgery stories.  Excellent News, take care of yourself- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys