Author Topic: time frame for going back to work  (Read 9388 times)

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: time frame for going back to work
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 10:24:18 am »
Holy Toledo Ellis (1wareagle) !!!!   You win the prize for us with facial paralysis getting back to work so quickly.
                                               I am dumbfounded !!!!! (I thought I got back to work in record time, YOU TAKE THE CAKE !!!)
All the best,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 04:01:13 am »
I'm 4 years 3 months post-op and I have yet to go back to work full time due to cluster headaches, migraines, and the accompanying depression. I was totally incapacitated for about 2 1/2 years before the headaches subsided at all, and now I'm somewhat better and can work about 1/3 time.

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

superrmaren

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 10:32:52 pm »
Naps They're going to wean me off naps? :o  Bugman I think i'm one of the rare cases who have not gone back to work.  The reason is I have numbness in my face, throat and tongue which make teaching difficult and had some problems with Adult onset attention deficiet disorder which made me oh hmm let's see a little impulsive.  Ok, so it was a lot impulsive but honestly I didn't hit the guy I wal mart I only yelled as he wasn't handicapped and took my handicapped space.  I'm in the process of going back to school through vocational rehab to get retrained for a new career in which I don't have to speak a lot and can do from home.  I am better in the sense that I can go most days without a nap but find if I get stressed or tense I'm looking to lay down as it makes my balance and speech worse.

Hugs M

not being back in the classroom must be hard! i graduated with a teaching degree in 05 and student taught through jan 06. i have not had my first teaching job yet and am a little scared i never will! i have already been on disability and out of work from my retail management job for 7 months...we'll see!
xox
"the good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

4.5cm tumor resected at Johns Hopkins in 2006.  Drs. Tamargo and Minor
numerous facial plastic surgeries
12-7 nerve graft 2008
platinum eye weight removed 2009
deaf right - BAHA
residual balance issues
severe dry

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 02:12:06 pm »
I had my surgery in January and went back in May.  I was in the hospital until end of February so i am one of the odd cases where it took some time.  I told my job end of Jan i would be back, oops.
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

TP

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 10:57:38 am »
I had my sugery on June 5, 2006 and was back to work in mid August. I had post operative complications but was ready to get back to work (sick of laying around). I work out of my house (which was great) and worked about 20 hours the first week but by the second week I was up to 50 hours a week and have gone non stop since.

Like most of us I have a stressful job - I work as a project/program manager for a large technology company. I talk on the phone all day (use a speaker phone) and multitask all day. I am tired in the evening but I find I push myself to exercise at least two days during the work week (taekwondo) and on the weekends I walk. I did hire someone to clean my house, don't like doing that anymore!!! I do work in the yard (that took about 6 months out from my initial surgery before I could bend over and stand the heat-first time I trimmed the bushes was funny, they were totally lopsided). I enjoy sleeping but don't like to rest too much - it makes me lazy. I did however, get back this past week from vacation where I rested. It was nice but the first thing I did when I got home was do some work on my computer!! Back to work on Tuesday!   
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

lora

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 11:53:18 am »
Bugman--As you can see, I think alot has to do with WHAT you do and how what your energy level, complications etc. are after surgery.  We all reupererate at different rates.  I feel like I could take on the world if it weren't for this pesky falling down :o  Don't push it, if you can afford to take the time off work, enjoy the rest:  work will be there when you get back.  Thank God I have a forgiving boss as it looks like I am going back Friday for round two--how often will I get to take advantage of this leave thing?  You are in my prayers--Lora
4.7cm x all over my head, filling 4th ventricle, squashing the brainstem
translab by the awesome Dr.Tomaras 4/12/07
retrosigmoid, Drs. Tomaras and Steuer 6/4/07
GK in Oct. for the little bit left?
2007--the year of the head "what a long, strange trip it's been"