Author Topic: Heartbeat in AN ear  (Read 4426 times)

Winkie

Heartbeat in AN ear
« on: February 18, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »
 Hi all - I've just located your website and happy to have found you!  I am 18 months post radiosurgery in Toronto - fractionated over 5 weeks.  Feel great with clear annual MRI's.  Next one in 2 weeks.  I've started having 'heartbeat' or pulsing in my AN ear - usually at night or at different times during the day.  I've learned to cope OK with the tinnitus but this adds a new twist.  Wondered if anyone else has experienced this?  Thanks very much.   :)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: Heartbeat in AN ear
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 09:24:53 pm »
I don't have this, but know of at least one other person here who does (Hi, Jane!).  I believe it's called pulsating tinnitus.  And it's not in your imagination!   ;)

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

vcschaub

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 11:56:07 am »
Immediately after surgery and for about two months, I could feel a pulse by my surgical scar. Dr. Stefan at House said it was pretty common. It is now gone.
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

oldewoman

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 07:19:16 pm »
I have had this for quite some time. Oddly, it was the symptom that finally put me over the edge and made me see a doctor who diagonosed the AN, but I still have it from time to time, even 15 years after the surgery. It's very real to me, and doctors have told me it actually had nothing to do with the AN, it's just something that happens to me and is harmless. It's certainly annoying when it happens. It happens more when I have a cold or a sinus/ear infection.
54 years old, 2.5 cm AN removed 12/17/91, 100% deaf right ear, some facial paralysis, 4 eyelid repair surgeries

jcinma

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 08:50:07 pm »
Hi Winkie,
I have the pulsating tinnitus all the time. (Hi Katie!)  It is most obvious in a quiet room but I have grown accustomed to it.  I also had FSR about 20 months ago and like you did not have the pulsating tinnitus immediately. It was disturbing at first but no longer.
Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

Angieshubbie

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 10:45:29 pm »
I have tinnitus all of the time even sometime with heartbeat.  The one thing that really bugs me, is when I put the blinker on in my car. Boy, it pulsing then. 
Angie
My wife Angie 3+Cm Right Side, Retrosigmoid - 8/21/06, Dr. John Lasak & Dr. John Goreki

Winkie

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 07:52:39 pm »
Thank you everyone for your kind replies.  I have an MRI and apt with my doc in March so will bring it up then.  I really appreciate your notes.   ;)

Battyp

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 09:10:41 pm »
Funny I only notice the pulsating tinnitus when I'm trying to sleep.  It's so annoying anyone found any tricks to make it shut up so I can go to sleep?

Stevey

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 11:01:41 pm »
Not t be alarmist but pulsatile tinnitus can be related  to Hypertension and should be brought the attention or your doc, also can be nthing or a vein too close to a nerve.

Cheers,
Steve :-X :D
2 cm Left Acoustic Neuroma Remved on 1/31/07
Via Retro Sigmoid resection at Hospital of U of Penn - complete removal by Drs. Judy and Bigelow.
Deaf in Left ear.  Looking at TransEar for dealing with SSD