Author Topic: Anyone suffering from effects of the upcoming storm in NY/NJ area?  (Read 3254 times)

maarten

Anybody experiencing increased dizziness, headaches, fullness in your head, any other symptoms these days?

i don't know whether this has to do with the weather change, but found it quite striking to notice (this is my first storm coming up since surgery).
maarten

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Anyone suffering from effects of the upcoming storm in NY/NJ area?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:59:21 pm »
maarten,

I've been having severe vertigo the past 2 days and I'd like to tell it where-to-go!

Signed,
Waiting patiently for Nor'Easta in Boston
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Windsong

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:51:10 pm »
Maarten,

We have a major storm brewing here too, already dumping snow since last night , close to where I am and yes, those symsptoms are driving me nuts since last nite...

Phyl, let me know where to send them too!

W.

WHWT

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 09:23:59 am »
I, too, have been REALLY loopy since this weather moved in.  I'm much better in the house than out in the cold and wind, though.  Step outside, I'm in orbit.
Retrosigmoid suboccipital surgery for 1.3 cm AN in 2005.

redgrl

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 02:24:36 pm »
Hey Maarten,
I am in Seattle but i know for sure when we had are snow and wind storms here it got really cold and my symptoms seemed worse. i couldn't go outside to play in the snow with my son because my ear and face on my AN side hurt really bad. I know you guys are really getting nailed up there. My folks live in PA and they are getting nasty weather to. Hang in there! Stay warm! :)
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 09:26:30 pm »
Yep cold weather makes head loopy....pressure fronts set off headaches.....I'd imagine snow would do the same.  Hats were a def right after surgery when it was cold as my head throbbed.

cindysip

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 09:45:20 pm »
I have been trying to figure out why I was feeling worse than usual. I am relieved to think that it may have just been the weather.

Cindy
Diagnosed 1/07 2mm AN - symptoms included spinning sensations when awakening, balance problems & mild hearing loss
6/07 - followup MRI no growth
6/08 - no growth, hearing unchanged