Author Topic: Torn Retina  (Read 3966 times)

Shrnwldr

Torn Retina
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:45:26 pm »
Hi there in 1999 I tore the retina on my right eye. Do you think the surgery will affect this?  The doctor performed a type of laser surgery to cauterize the tear.
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

Boppie

Re: Torn Retina
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 07:52:57 pm »
I had a huge floater and diagnosis of detaching vitreous in my right eye five years ago.  There is no treatment for the detachment unless the retina tears.  The translab I had does not appear to have changed my eye.  The floaters are still falling around in there too.

I have pondered the possible correlation between the pressure from the tumor and the eye floater problem.  In retrospect I'll probably never find out if it would have mattered to know about my AN 5 years ago.  I will just assume that the AN would have been small enough that I would've been on wait and watch anyway.  I doubt I would have been lucky enough to have the opthamologist send me for an MRI five years ago. 

I think you would need to mention your retina tear to your surgeon and regular doctor who knows your personal history.

Shrnwldr

Re: Torn Retina
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 08:36:07 am »
Thanks Boppie.  I did that (mention to my otologist) and he said that the surgery itself would not affect my eyes, i.e. my right eye in particular. 
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007