Author Topic: Surgery Date  (Read 3086 times)

Catflower

Surgery Date
« on: January 31, 2007, 12:00:05 pm »
I received a call this morning informing me that my AN surgery will likely be the week of April 17th.  I was hoping it would be in March because I just want to get it over with.  Hopefully, all will go well and I can enjoy the summer.  I especially like to garden.

Linda in WV

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Surgery Date
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:44:45 pm »
Hi Linda:

Don't blame you for wanting to get it over with, it'll probably feel like a long 2 1/2 months.
I'm sure the flowers & plants will be waiting for you !!

Take care,    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:49:02 pm »
Hi catflower (actually, I'm partial to sunflowers!) :) and welcome.

Now, the question is... how do we keep you busy until your surgery date?  I have many ideas, but will see what others say! :)  I'll save mine for later.  At least you can read up, prep homelife in advance, hang around the "AN Community" forum for mental cures for what ails ya.... oh, I could rattle on but won't.

Hang in there.  Before you can say:

asjt opwerg oaujfopqi ytopq34guoahrgiujq3ioghOIGHIOAER uit9ptpuaiopryg9pq3y4gpary9psuo9u9pdfukh vpq3yhf piq34rhgopawjdfhip

10 Times fast, your surgical date will be here.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 05:09:40 pm »
Okay, Linda, Catflower,
I like the name! Welcome!! Congratulations on your date!  That's one hurdle.  I would start your seedling now indoors and weather permitting get your beds ready.  Then hire the best looking guy you can find.  I tried to garden after my surgery and got stuck between my tomato cages for twenty minutes until my two Pugs came and rescued me.  Actually they raised enough ruckus to get my husband's attention.  I  now have a very raised garden and it works much better.  I am one of the ones with no balance!  I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and you can post pictures of your garden!
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Dantheman

• Orthodox Christian Bookstore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 11:03:40 pm »
Linda,

Good for you...How I miss my garden! Keep a positive attidude and take it day to day. My surgery date is on Feb. 13th.

Just getting the date and moving forward has been positive for me. I hope it will be for you as well.

Dan
Diagnosed 12/08/2006. 1.7 cm Right Side AN.
Trans-lab performed on 02/13/2007 by Dr. Lawrence Meiteles and Dr. Raj Murali at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y.
TransEar worn since 4/17/07.