Author Topic: TransEar gets better each day  (Read 65277 times)

Battyp

Re: TransEar gets better each day
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 08:56:29 pm »
Heck at the rate we're going we will keep them in business  :o  I'm hoping to get mine started this month!

Boppie

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 12:40:00 am »
I can only think that the TransEar will continue to improve its product and hang onto its patent and unique design for a bone conduction aid that you wear in the ear canal.  They are pursuing a European market, too!  I doubt they will do anything but grow up as a company.

I only anticipate a change in brands when my good ear hearing drops off further.  I am not NF2 but have a small loss in the upper reaches in the good ear.   :(

ixta, I can't figure out that funny guy in the blue bat man costume .  Is he smoking out mosquitos?  Celebrating something?  Quite a fun guy, I think.  February 5 update.  I get it he's carrying a batman torch.  Is that it? He is running faster thatn a speeding bullet.  Is that it? :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:48:03 am by Boppie »

Jeanlea

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 04:02:00 pm »
I contacted Rick at TransEar to find out which TransEar I'm getting. I'll be receiving TransEar II.  They should get it about February 15th.  Hopefully I will receive it shortly after that.  I'm in line after Cheryl.  Sandy, which one are you getting?  Too bad we can't all get together and have a TransEar party. lol  Hope Batty will be joining us also.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

matti

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 10:43:30 am »
I also contacted Rick Gilbert last week to find out why I have not received my TransEar yet ???.  Apparently there was a  "little" mishap with my prototype, so I am now first in line when the new transducers arrive.

YEAH Jean!!! I am excited we will be getting our Transear's at the same time, look forward to sharing the experience with you. I hope Sandy gets hers as well.  Batty we are waiting for you.... :-*

The newer version is called TransEar 270, so if anyone is interested please ask your audiologist.

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Boppie

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 11:50:00 am »
Good for you, matti.  Keep us up to date when yours gets in your ear.

Battyp

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 10:50:13 pm »
Got my numbers to contact tomorrow to see who can help me :o)  If not I'm  heading to Jacksonville!

okiesandy

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 04:38:26 pm »
I haven't heard back from my audio guy on the progress of my Transear II. My appointment got postponed because of Ice storms here in usually sunny Oklahoma. (Yup, Phyl same storm that got Dr. Medberry's wrist). Now I have new molds and just waiting for Transear folks to get with the program. This time we talked and looked at colors. Pink, mine is going to be pink. We think it will be toward the end of Feb. for mine. Anybody heard anything in the last few days?

I am ready for the the next step in this program. I talked to a lady in North Carolina that has one of the first Transears and she said her balance is much improved. Just one small step forward.

Sandy

Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

PRussel

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 09:14:47 pm »
Hi, All

Don't remember who was the first on here to talk about getting the TransEar but I do want to say thank you so much!  After I heard about it, I contacted my surgeon's office about getting one and, of course, they wanted me to check on getting a BAHA (wonder why a surgeon would want me to get a BAHA??? ).  But they did refer me to an audiologist who has ordered a transear for me to try--he had never seen the TransEar before.  I am his "guinea pig" and he wants me to try a couple of other things too so he can see which works best.  I went in today to try out a CIC but it was malfunctioning, so he had to send it back for a replacement.  He said the TransEar should come in in a couple of weeks, so when I go back I can try it out.  YAY!  I can hardly wait to "hear" again in that ear.

Thanks again!
Patty R.

Female, 50
1cm rt AN
Translab 2/22/06
Drs. Jackson & Hampf, Baptist Hosp., Nashville, TN

okiesandy

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 10:11:10 am »
Ok, got the scoop on when new Transear II will be up and running. All orders are being held until Feb. 15th. They will start shiping then. First in first out basis. So mine should be here shortly. I am anxious to get on down the road.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

Static

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 04:27:46 pm »
Congrats to all who are getting their transear.  I hope you get everything worked out. 
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 06:37:37 pm »
ixta, I can't figure out that funny guy in the blue bat man costume .  Is he smoking out mosquitos?  Celebrating something?  Quite a fun guy, I think.  February 5 update.  I get it he's carrying a batman torch.  Is that it? He is running faster thatn a speeding bullet.  Is that it? :D

Ya, sorry, the image is compressed by the forum requirements for size.
It is the infamous batman trying to get rid of a bomb. I thought it fit my tumor experience well when I was carrying "kuato" around.
Wanting desperately to get rid of it! Get out of the wAAYY!

My audiologist is researching the TRansear now, this TRANS EAR II sounds cool, sounds like a movie! ;D

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:43:04 pm by ixta »
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06

Boppie

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 06:47:12 pm »
Way to go!  Batman!    ;D   I called my tumor "The Rude Intruder"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 05:49:17 pm »
Mine was "me olde brain booger!"  Here's a question for folks with insurance--my insurance oesn't cover hearing aids, but does cover "prosthetic devices." Does the "bionic ear" qualify as a prosthetic device?

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Jeanlea

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 05:58:54 pm »
Deb,

That's how I was trying to get my insurance to cover it.  So far they are covering it as a hearing aid.  If I fight it and get a lot of information from the doctor I may be able to get them to cover it as a prosthetic device.  My sister, who works as a medical coder, seems to think it can be done, but you have to throw a lot of paperwork from your doctor at your insurance company.  A pirate like you ought to be able to do it.  Arr!

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

matti

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 12:06:14 am »
Keeping my fingers crossed that ourTransEars arrive this week. Anyone hear (no pun intended) any news?

cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50