Author Topic: Hemifacial spasms-- gone ;-}  (Read 8628 times)

daylight

Hemifacial spasms-- gone ;-}
« on: January 23, 2007, 06:19:42 pm »
I posted a few months ago that I was getting hemifacial spasms 8 months post CK. After smiling, eating, or any strong movement in my face would make the facial nerve contract and pull the left side of my face toward my ear, even my nose would twist.   Another member told me that his went away after a few month. Well It finally went away, and I don't have to wear "sunglassed on a cloudy day" and I can smile again!!
I also went for an MRI, the tumor is the same size (1.5cm) a year later.  If the tininitus ever goes away, I think that I would be lonely!!
Sue B.
PS.  Hi Mark
Sue B.

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Hemifacial spasms-- gone ;-}
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:04:08 am »
So glad for you Sue,

so, you can see the DAYLIGHT !!!!!!    YEEEAAAAHHHH   FOR YOU !!!!!

No tinnitus is a kind of loneliness I could live with !!!!

Best wishes for continued improvement Sue.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

zjane

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:56:47 pm »
Wonderful news Sue!

I had my FSR November 2005 and started experiencing hemifacial spasms about 6 mo. post FSR.  In August there was a few weeks when I was having them daily.  My 9mo. MRI showed tumor larger but darkening in the center.  We think the increase in size was due to swelling.  I haven't taken anything for it.  Lately I was get a major episode of spasm once a week, followed by a couple of tiny ones usually when i'm asleep which doesn't bother me as much.  So the duration is getting a little longer between each episodes.

Your post gives me hope.  I hope my spasms can be gone soon.  I'm going for 15mo. MRI this week or next week and keeping my fingers crossed for more neccrosis.

Jane
right side AN found Nov 04 1.0x0.7
FSR Cabrini - Dr. Lederman 5 sessions Nov 05 1.4x1.0
Translab Hinsdale Hospital - Dr. Wiet / Dr. Kazan Jun 07 2.3x1.2 (CSF leak, lumbar drain)

2yr Post-Op MRI Apr 09 Clean

ptru20

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 07:56:21 pm »
Just wondered how soon your hemifacial spasms started after treatment?  I had GK in Mar 2006 and started having periodic spasms 5 weeks after treatment---they gradually increased to multiple times daily, usually upon awakening and any time my heart rate went up, whether exercising, gardening etc.  They were finally controlled by neurontin, I ended up taking 2700 mg/day with no spasms for 3 mos---then started decreasing the neurontin, got down to 600mg/day and started having spasms again but just 1-2/week and they don't seem to be as severe as when I first started having them.  So your message gives me hope that mine will eventually go away! 
Apparently I am the only here where I was treated that has had facial nerve injury ---lucky me---so I was glad to come upon your messages in the ANA forum---Phyllis
ps my 6 mo mri showed no growth with some necrosis beginning in the center of the neuroma