Author Topic: Appointment with Surgeon  (Read 3345 times)

Catflower

Appointment with Surgeon
« on: January 22, 2007, 05:40:56 pm »
It looks like I'm going to have to wait until March or April for my surgery.  Dr. Fukushima isn't going to be at West Virginia University the month of February as he has several surgeries scheduled in other countries.  He's only here one week a month anyway. I'm one of those "God grant me patience and I want it now" types so this isn't going to be easy.

Thanks to everyone who has posted positive thoughts and vibes for me.  I visit the Forum several times a day.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: Appointment with Surgeon
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 10:34:31 pm »
Good luck with your surgery- I go in for my second opinion tomorrow..And I'm part of the same catagory! Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:52:47 pm »
Catflower in all honesty I'm the same way as I was sick enough if they said I had to go the next day I'd have gladly gone.  I did get 6 weeks to get my house in order and somewhat try to get prepared at the last minute I was still trying to finish up.  My mom told me I either had to get in the car or she was going home as I had a 3 hour drive to the hospital and she was tired of waiting for me  LOL

Keep us updated as your day gets closer!

You too Annie!

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 06:10:36 am »
Catflower,
My AN was "discovered" in May and my surgery wasn't until July.  I thought I would go nuts.  I probably did numerous times, but I got things done I couldn't have if it had been scheduled in say two weeks!  Keep us updated and we'll keep you in our prayers.
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:18:59 am »
Catflower,
  Dr. Fukushima also works at Duke, as part of a couple of different Skull Base Surgery teams.  He funded Duke's Skull Base surgery lab for the medical school.   He was part of my surgical team.  I've also talked to many of his AN patients in the NC ANA support group, and all of them are doing well.  He's worth the wait.
  The time will go quickly.  But it will give you the time to take care of everything that you may want to do before surgery.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW