Author Topic: Live Webcast: Acoustic Neuroma Surgery  (Read 4121 times)

or-live.com

Live Webcast: Acoustic Neuroma Surgery
« on: January 22, 2007, 10:46:50 am »
ProHealth Care will broadcast an educational webcast on acoustic neuroma surgery performed at Waukesha Memorial Hospital live on www.OR-Live.com January 31, 2007 at 7:00 PM CST . The broadcast will include a roundtable discussion with neurosurgeon Kenneth Reichert, MD, and Steven Harvey, MD, otolaryngologist, and video of the procedure. The most useful test to identify an acoustic neuroma is an MRI of the head. While slow growing, left unchecked, the tumor can cause facial paralysis and possibly press on the brainstem, which could be life-threatening. Drs. Reichert and Harvey are unique in how they perform this delicate procedure, combining the talents and skills of a neurosurgeon along with an ENT. During the procedure viewers will have the opportunity to send questions directly to the OR for a live on camera response. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:19:25 am by or-live.com »

Romans828

Re: Live Webcast: Acoustic Neuroma Surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 08:17:18 pm »
I watched a webcast on OR-Live last week that dealt with AN. It was at the Marshfield Clinic in Wisconsin. It was excellent! Three distinguished neurologists ( Yale, Dartmouth, UVa ) not only explained the disease, but also responded to email from the audience. I had a couple of my questions answered by the panel. Go figure how much that would cost!
Diagnosed 7mm AN Left side 12/2006.
Wait and See, but leaning toward CK at Wellstar Kennestone in Atlanta.

Sheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:14:02 pm »
When is this live webcast or did I miss it?
Thanks
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Static

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 01:27:12 pm »
Sheryl,
If you click on the link to take you to the live site, (it's noted on the first post) the site says that the brain surgery is on January 31st, I think at 7:00pm.
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right